Skip to main content

Day 7 &8: Home again home again jiggity jig

I have relieved Abbie of her blogging duties and loved sharing the duties with her. We are now home to piles of laundry (ick), car unloading (double ick), and grocery undoing (yay!!! did I mention I hit Trader Joe's on the way out of town?). Here's what I learned on my trip to Vegas with the family.
#1. Brad has the GREATEST job on earth. Yay that he was able to have an excuse to take his family along while he was learning how to control the world. (Or whatever he does for work.)
#2. I am the WOAH-MAN! How many other 8-month pregnant women go to Vegas during June. With 2 kids. Nay, I saw nary a one pregnant woman atall. Let alone one so big as I.
#3. Sting can't handle me.
#4. My girls ROCK! I loved just hanging out with them and having "one last trip" with the girls before the man child comes.
#5. I am SO FUN when I don't have to clean the house or make meals.
#6. Vegas is NOT so much kid-friendly. I really wanted to punch the next person who said, "Wow, you sure have your hands full," While I managed to hold the door open for that idiot, my children, the stroller, the diaper bag, and my FETUS while the person stood there holding his or her cocktail. I surely wouldn't want them to strain themselves.
#7. I REALLY want one of these strollers. We test drove our neighbors and it ruled.
#8. It is SUPER easy to wear the girls out when you play all day and don't put them to bed until 11:00pm. Its roughly 3 and a 1/2 hours past when they are used to going to bed.
#9. Bradfo is VERY accomodating when I say, "I'm starving! I must be fed now!!!", What do you want to eat? "A salad and a smoothie!!!"
#10. 110 degrees is HOT. No matter how many children you are housing.

The last one might be the most critical thing I learned while on my trip.

#11. ALWAYS run your dish disposal before you leave. Even if you have taken out all the garbage, run the dishes, and cleaned out the fridge--the stench of death surely awaits your return.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for including all of us on your family vacation. Since you cite how H-O-T it is in Vegas, that may be one of the reasons i've never been. 80 degrees is pretty much my hot threshold.
hope to hear more from you soon.
MissLed said…
Welcome back! You really ARE the woman!!! Just reading Abb's blog was making me tired. It sounds like you guys had a great trip!
Melanie said…
You ARE hilarious. Sounds like an awesome trip and you get serious props being EIGHT months pregnant an' all. :)
Karen said…
Katherine enjoyed the trip blog. She says," They didn't mention any car fighting."

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!