Skip to main content

Like mother like daughter, like father like daughter...

This morning I was woken up by Abbie bringing in a tray of breakfast for me so I can have breakfast in bed. She does this often. Today was toast and peach yogurt. Sometimes she will put jam or straight cinnamon on it and there are variations of the type of yogurt or cottage cheese. She usually includes a handmade card that says something like uoy evol ymmom, and a cute little picture of me. If she is not watching TV you can hear her singing songs. Today it was the song "Harmony" from the Little Mermaid bonus CD. She comes in with a plan of what she wants to do today. (today she wants to make up a play for me to a-cord about a cowgirl-she's got the costume ready.)There is always lots of hugs and kisses with Abbie in the morning.

This morning at 9:00am Abbie and I went in Amelia's room to wake her up. There is no singing in Amelia's room. She will give you a dirty look and say ah-uh. She's laying on her bed. I have to lower the gate to get her out beacuse she usually doesn't want to stand up. She's whiney and a little touchy during diaper changes. I try to keep the upbeat positive morning talk and "Good morning Merry Sunshine" songs to a minimum. We quietly go downstairs to get her some milk. She does not want to be kissed or touched by Abbie (she has no choice with me, I do it anyway). I set the milk on the table and back away while she drinks it. She will glare at you over her milk. After her morning milk she comes to the party and will smile and me and be ready to say "Good" for how did you sleep, and "more" for more milk. Give her about 15 minutes to wake up and she's good ol' Amelia. (Although it does take her longer to let Abbie touch her.)

Now bonus question:
Can you match the daughter with the identical or similar parent morning behavior? If you get it right, there will be prizes...

Comments

Julie said…
Hummm lets see . . .

Abbie = Heather
Amelia = Brad

(To be fair - being married Jared who comes from the same "not a morning person" gene pool, might disqualify me.)
AnnEE said…
Oh Oh! I know, but Julie stole it first!! BY THE BY, i'm lovin the direct quotes on Abbie's card, backwards letters and all!
Melanie said…
I'm going to have to try the other way just in case I'm right and I get prizes!

Abbie = Brad

Amelia = Heather
grammy said…
ok ok I love games and prizes.Here is a question for you... who goes to bed at 1:00 or after and sleeps alone in the basement? Does that qualify for a grumpy morning?
MissLed said…
I should probably be disqualified too because I used to live with that morning person. I remember falling to sleep having a conversation with Heather and when we would wake up we would just continue on with the conversation like we never slept.
Karen said…
I love the "glarring over her milk"
Jake and Daniel are alot like Abbie. It's a challenge for me to keep up with their grins in the am.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!