
So PG has this lovely summer tradition called Strawberry Days. It includes free swimming at the pool, concerts, parades, rodeos, beauty pageants, and the best part of all the carnival.
Before I continue a word about the parade. On Wednesday they have the chidren's parade which is basically the kids from primarys all over the town marching up a hill and around a block. She did it last year and HATED it. It is scheduled for 5:00 in the afternoon or when the temperature reaches 100 degrees. The kids are sweaty, crabby, and nobody is watching them pass because EVERYONE is in the parade. She said she never wanted to do it again and it was horrible etc...(Did I mention parents kind of are encouraged to walk the parade with the kids?) On Sunday at Primary there was a marketing attempt to get foolish walkers to do the parade. Abbie was all excited. I was torn between good mommy-"I love that you want to be active in your church and communty. I will support you in whatever you want and not discourage your dreams" and bad mommy-"There ain't NO way in heckins (Abbie's word) that we are going". Bad mommy won.
Here are a few pictures of the carnival.


Dear Uncle Ben,
We totally get it about cotton candy. We doubt this year's reunion will feature it though. Bummer.


Dear Uncle Jettit & Grandpa G,
We totally brushed our teeth tonight.
Comments