Skip to main content

#17

We are putting Comcast cable to rest for a spell this week. I can't handle the attitude from the oldest from what she sees on TV,(not Mariko, although Riko loves to watch Project Runway and is horrified by Man Vs. Food) and the younger two could take or leave TV. We watch alot of On Demand and rather than call it On Error Notice, I'm calling it quits from the cable. I'm grateful for hulu because the majority of what I watch is on cable, so I might be sad. Here are my favorite shows. Can't wait for Parks and Rex to come back soon.

Shows that are in:

The Walking Dead. Holy Crap this show is scary. And gory. And disturbing. And violent. And creepy. Not sure why I like it.
Mad Men. Liked it before it came trendy. But it is so cool. On a break.
The Middle. It's a little too close to home but I love it.
Parenthood. Loralei Gilmore is still not married but she tramps around with Jack from 30 Rock's brother so that's cool.
Jerselycious. Its all the Jersey without the STD.
Burn Notice. I know. I'm super cool with Michael. But its so good.
Modern Family.
30 Rock.


Shows that are out
The Office. Is it weird that the last 2 episodes haven't actually taken place IN an office?
Glee. Too much.
Any CSI, or Law & Order, in fact, most crime shows. Snoozeroo.
Desperate Housewives
Private Practice. Enough. With. The violence. Against. Women. Already.
Grey's Anatomy. Hello Shark jump.
Brothers and Sisters. Brothers and Boredom more like it. Take away my 2 favorite significant others, and I am significantly changing the channel.

Not sure how all my TV time will be affected by the no cable plan, but I will survive somehow.

What shows do YOU watch?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!