So yesterday Abbie was in her room and she did a little cough. She was doing her jobs and came out with a very sad look on her face.
Abbie: Momma, I'm too sick to go to school today.
Mom: Oh, yeah-you should probably stop doing your jobs and go lay down.
Abbie: Yeah, and relax so I won't get sicker.
Mom: Yep, go right to bed and stay there all day so you won't get sicker.
Abbie: Or maybe I could just watch TV and lay down on the couch so I won't get sicker.
Mom: Nah, you should really just lay in your bed all day with no toys or books so you won't get sicker, and no Fullers after school.
Abbie: (force cough) Or maybe I just have allergies so I should go to school.
Mom: Yeah, maybe.
But now everytime she gives a little cough she looks at me and says SEE!! told you
It's irritating.
Should I let her stay home today (knowing that its a 3-day weekend so it will be a really long time until my darling is out of the house again?)
Abbie: Momma, I'm too sick to go to school today.
Mom: Oh, yeah-you should probably stop doing your jobs and go lay down.
Abbie: Yeah, and relax so I won't get sicker.
Mom: Yep, go right to bed and stay there all day so you won't get sicker.
Abbie: Or maybe I could just watch TV and lay down on the couch so I won't get sicker.
Mom: Nah, you should really just lay in your bed all day with no toys or books so you won't get sicker, and no Fullers after school.
Abbie: (force cough) Or maybe I just have allergies so I should go to school.
Mom: Yeah, maybe.
But now everytime she gives a little cough she looks at me and says SEE!! told you
It's irritating.
Should I let her stay home today (knowing that its a 3-day weekend so it will be a really long time until my darling is out of the house again?)
Comments
You can miss school if you are barfing or have a fever. See if she starts gagging herself. She is awfully cute though. Cough, cough.
The school actually has a policy that if they have a fever or vomiting, they should stay home. A cold is not considered sick, so all the coughing kids just go to school and pass it around and around all year.
J/k, Rob.
Don't listen to Celia. She sent all her kids to school when they had highly contagious hand foot and mouth. I think she was afraid they might infringe on her naps.