Skip to main content

Weekly Update

Abbie-This week we finished reading Gooney Bird Greene and Magic Tree House #2. We started Paddington Bear, but its kind of slow going because mummy would rather read it in an english accent. After we finish reading Paddington, we are going to have a tea party with buns, cream, and marmalade jam. As a mother, I am not enjoying Paddington as much as when I was a little girl because HE IS SO STINKING MESSY!! And I don't have Ms. Bird to clean up after him. You made dinner for the family all by yourself on Saturday. You chose the recipe out of the very cool and retro Betty Crocker cookbook for kids (1957) and did everything but put it in the oven. (It was a healthy and delicious tuna caserole of tuna, cream of mushroom soup, peas, and potato chips... you chose carrots and oranges as the sides). You like to wear your bathrobe all day long just like your mummy.
Amelia-It is so funny to me how you have such a deep throaty cackle when you laugh. I can't tell if you are faking it or not but it really cracks me up. I gave you a whole banana (a hoo hoo ha) and you are used to getting a half a banana at a time. I handed it to you and you went around saying "ewww..augHH. So Heavy mama." After church you entertained everyone by pulling down your tights and started running in the knee high snow. I was NOT going after you, and so I joined everyone by laughing and pointing at that silly little girl who was laughing like a hyena. You like to wear your bathrobe all day long just like your big sister.
Max-We started you on a sippy cup this week. I guess we are just going to skip the bottle phase altogether. You are so fun because you love to play with all the toys. The girls only played with some but you are a fan of everything toy-ish. I broke down and bought baby food for you. I would much rather just serve you what we are having but its taking way too long to introduce you to all the foods and we don't always have leftover of whatever to last for the whole week while I see how you react to it. I do really hate to see you eat the jarred stuff though. Here you are having a go at my pantry while I do the dishes (photo taken by Abbie)

Comments

AnnEE said…
This is such a great post that it deserves 10 million comments. In fact, I might take care of that right now
AnnEE said…
You're my plan B. Sister Wives forever.
AnnEE said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnEE said…
I think you should make a video of Mia's laugh. It's pretty amazing.
AnnEE said…
Do you feel better now that you have 5 comments? See, I told you that people love you.,
Hazen5 said…
Payton now calls bananas "a hoo hoo ha" just like her little cousin MiaMia! I want to hear the laugh.
Doug Clark said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Clark said…
Please tell Abbie she has a job waiting for her at my house as a cook. This is a full-time position though so she might have to drop out of kindergarten...
Celia Fae said…
Max is ready for some chips. Grind those suckers up and feed him with a spoon.

I can imagine what Paddington sounds like at your house. It makes me feel all snuggly. Why are you a nice sweet mommy and I am a "read to yourself" mommy?
Emily said…
It was so fun to see you guys, thanks again for letting us come and hang out, and of course your kids are DANG CUTE :) love the updates.
Emily said…
So, after reading your BLOG post this morning, I was washing dishes, and I had a thought, Tucker LOVES the series "Junie B. Jones", has Abby read those yet? If not, look into them, Christopher and I LOVE to read them out loud, we laugh harder than Tuck (of course we have to take words like Stupid out while we read, but well worth the laugh)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!