Skip to main content

Happy New Years!


Our year started off on a delicious and fun note. For New Year's Day Breakfast I made french toast, (with fresh cream. Hello! do I have a lot of cream leftover from the holidays), maple bacon, blackberries, and fresh squeezed OJ. Since I forgot all about the Christmas Crackers we had New Year's crackers which were very disappointing (Amelia was not impressed with the cufflinks she got, and Abbie was sortof excited about the diamond-like earrings for her non-pierced ears.) Next year I will look for ghetto crackers that will have the usual trinkets like I want. (Don't we love the new plates that Brad gave me for Christmas. Food really does look better on white square plates.
We watched the rose parade. (on our new TV, thank you Santa)

I feel like I should mention here that the girls both got bathrobes for Christmas and wear them ALL the time. I have no idea where they learned that from.
We (meaning Abbie and Brad) went sledding. Max and I watched for awhile and Amelia kept saying "Let's Cold!" I agreed. (sort of her take on Let's Go, and I'm cold)

On my mission I learned that one of the first foods you should eat on New Year's is lentils. I made a lentil salad with feta cheese. Legend goes if you eat lentils on New Year's you have good luck and moneymoneymoney......money.

I hope Brad likes lentils because he is going to have to finish all thats on his plate. Mama wants outdoor furniture this summer.
Abbie's resolution is to get a pony. Or a cell phone. (brother!). Mine is to do something I hate everyday. I often will put off the projects/jobs that I hate because I HATE them so they all pile up and then I have a whole pile of hate waiting for me. Christmas was all about pacing the love, New Year's is all about pacing the hate.

Comments

Unknown said…
I didn't know that about the lentils - by dumb luck we had homemade split pea soup on 1/1 - and not only are those lentils, but GREEN lentils - here comes the money, money, money!!!!
ashli said…
I want to eat at your house on your new plates! Hoping things stay great in 2008!
ashli
Emily said…
Oh, man poor house here we come...We have YET to eat Lentils. Tonight for dinner, lentils here we come! :)
heidiram said…
What are you doing with your old plates? Will you save me your bowls (if you have any left???)Poppies on Blue TRAITOR! I can't believe you got new plates. What happened to the sister bonding?????
Tricia said…
Me likey the new plates. Maybe if I'm good this year, Santa will bring me some!
AnnEE said…
I am laughing on the inside...and the outside because i know your true feelings about poopies on blue.
Hazen5 said…
Poppies on Blue, no comment! I am sooooo sick of my wedding Every day china!
Jessica said…
My husband, seriously, always calls my lentil soup poor man's food, so good luck with your money thing.

If it works, let me know, because I LOVE that recipe and he hates it, but this might change his mind.
Ashley Clark said…
My oh my. I do love your new plates! And a special New Year's breakfast?! I don't think I even handed Doug a bowl for cereal. You're making us all look bad.
Nortorious said…
Pacing the hate, yep! I decided to make NO NY's resolutions because I don't want to do anything hard or not fun.
I threw a tantrum when we were making a list. It was easy, and fun!
mamasuisse said…
"A whole pile of hate." I love that. I'd never thought about it that way.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!