Skip to main content

Unwilling

So my New Year's resolution of doing something I hate is going pretty well. I'm finding that if I am willing to do one hateful thing a day I am more efficient and I don't have anything really looming over me.

Until this morning.

I am willing to wake up early and go to the gym to get in the cardio before the kids wake up. (Hate leaving the bed and going to the cold and knowing that maybe one or all will be awake when I get home)

I am unwilling to go if I have to shovel in order to get there. (We usually park in the garage but on a fluke Brad didn't park inside last night and well there ya go)

I am willing to make a nutritious and healthy and warm breakfast for my kids (Mush is Mia's favorite as of late).

I am unwilling to make anything if I have to first clean up the pile of fun that occurred while I was busy. (fed them granola, fruit, and milk instead)
I am willing to take the garbage out to the street.
I am unwilling to dig my way there. (Brad, if you're reading this, please take the garbage out cuz I ain't gonna to do it)

I am willing to play with the girls in the morning. Yesterday we did math games and read stories by the fire.
I am unwilling to join them while they shovel.

I am willing to do all the morning chores that need to be done.
I am unwilling to leave the computer while I check blogs.

So let's review.
Today: I will not be going to the gym, cleaning up the mush, making the girls breakfast, playing with them, taking out the garbage, getting dressed, or doing any other chores around the house.

Resolutions rule don't they?

Comments

Julie said…
Okay so I just left a comment on yesterday's post and lo and behold when I get done posting my comment there's already a fresh new post for today waiting. Thought I should comment first. Sorry about the snow - it is an unavoidable set back. I cast no judgement your way. Yes - stay in and keep those slippers on!
brad said…
So it's Jan 9 and you're back to the sexy bathrobe and slipper look...nice.
Jen Lynn said…
Niiiice! I like that attitude. Mind if I adopt it?
AnnEE said…
Can I come over so my kid can man up?
Celia Fae said…
Funny because I have been thinking about the "one thing I hate" rule lately and I really like it. It means I can avoid all of the other things I hate, right?
Ellie said…
All I have to say is Brrrrrrrrr. It looks SO COLD there. I admire you for even getting out of your cozy warm bed.
Paige said…
It's beautiful and all, but I'd take one look and go right back to bed...Love your pictures.
MissLed said…
Brrrrr! My feet and hands are freezing just looking at the pictures. I say - take a break. We can start working on resolutions again in the spring time!
Hazen5 said…
I am glad you were "Willing" To Call us today! You sounded happy on the phone, what happened? I know, it's all that dumb snow. Move to San Diego!
Ashley Clark said…
Don't be too hard on yourself! I am unwilling to work out before the sun comes up.
Melanie said…
I agree with hazen5...move to SAN DIEGO!!!!!! :) All the coolest people live there too. This post has been making me smile for the last 2 days because I have been doing a lot of things I hate out of necessity--I've avoided most for the last 3 years and I cannot hide from them anymore!!! Dang it!

p.s. Brad's comment is pretty funny too. :)
(slight banjo music in background)

Country sausage, the best you ever tried.....Pick up a pound or two of Tennessee Pride....

Just so you will have it in your mind again today!!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!