Skip to main content

Bambi is in da Hood

Last night we had some friends over for dinner and a movie (Philadelphia Story-no its not the AIDS one; Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches-way bettter with Cheese Whiz but I couldn't do it living with The Cheese Snob; Cheesecake) and as they were leaving, they came back inside to show me this.

Do you see the 2 sets of glowing eyes? That would be my camera's attempt at capturing Bambi and Son by my front porch. They come to my mom's house all the time but I haven't really seen them thisclose to my place. I went upstairs and scooped a sleepy Abbie out of bed and showed her. She opened her eyes, smiled, nodded her head, and went back to sleep. Surprisingly she actually remembered me doing that last night. So we had Bambi in the hood last night. Should I be the one to tell Bambi and family that just down the street by our chuch building I witnessed this around Thanksgiving?

Comments

I dreamed about Bambi last night. We went and saw "I Legend". I am still trying to figure out why Willy was trying to shoot Bambi.

Also, what happened to his Red Mustang and what was with the vinegar?
Hazen5 said…
I want to do "Philly" Night! What a great idea! I love hate movie. (Rob is such a dork!)
Jessica G. said…
What is it about deer that makes you want to just stop and watch them? I certainly don't feel that way about prairie dogs...
Unknown said…
This is a random thought, but when you showed the pics of the deer hanging from the tree, it made me think of something Bryan said he saw when he was down visiting PG.
He saw a woman driving her car on the side of the road with her driver's door open and walking her dog. Well, I guess she was driving her dog. Her dog was walking, but she was driving. Oh - you get the picture. I think it was close to where the deer were hanging.
PG is a funny place!
mamasuisse said…
Hmm. Were they licensed to kill all those deer?

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!