Skip to main content

A Look Back at 2007

Best Movie-

Runner Ups-Hairspray, Enchanted, Harry Potter, Bourne Ultimatum

Worst Movie-Never have I hated a movie so much this year. Just so bad. Kept waiting for the creepy bunny to tell the girl to kill everyone.
Favorite TV show-Runner-ups: Heroes, Pushing Daisies, Ugly Betty

Guilty Pleasures:
Runner Up: Dirty Sexy Money

Favorite Thing to listen to: Runner Ups: Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me

Song that describes 2007: Just Fine Mary J. Blige
Runner Ups: "Woo Hoo" Gwen Stefani

Worst Moment of 2007:
May 8Runner Ups: (Include bad words as needed here)When the CNA "forgot" to give me the pain medicine and I was writhing in pain on day 2.

"Oops I've created a monster" Moment-Max's straight up refusal to be left far from me because I have the leche
Runner-Ups:Abbie now expects to have a healthy and/or tasty afterschool snack on the cute plates with matching cup. If its not ready..LOOK-OUT!!!
Best Meal of 2007: Lemon, Blueberry Pancakes with Mascapone Cheese here

And finally what's in my BAG?
Blessing:
My family so very lovely. Although they look so very serious here. Its a good picture of Brad and I though.
Accomplishment:Love that the vessel period of my life is over.

Goal:To recognize those great, defining moments that slip by so quickly.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey I'm first!! Yes!

I totally have to agree on 30 Rock - followed closely by Hereos. Did you notice this season on 30 Rock that they a few episodes to "warm up"? The first 2 or 3 were not up to par, but ever since then - they could not be more clever or funny and I just love Tina Fey.

Also - what happened on May 8?
Jessica said…
Loved that post.

And I liked Waitress, but was so irritated that they kept acting like the guy who was cheating on his totally nice wife was a dream boat. Cheaters can only be slime, you know?

And that WAS a good picture of you and the cute hubby.

Congrats on the BDWtheV period. Jealous.
you.are.cute.heather.hazen.danielson! thanks for your favorites of 2007, looking forward to reading your adventures in 2008.
Jessica said…
Heather,

I don't make Prime Rib more because it's $8 a ound!

And I made the best from-scratch Cherry Pie ever, Pecan Pie and my husband bought (horrors) a Key Lime, because I didn't was to make anything else!

Then I also made the famous Grasshopper/Blog brownies.

And I've gained, no lie, 10 lbs since Thanksgiving. I'm awesome.
Hazen5 said…
I love love love that post! It is my favorite for 2007!!!! Rob made me walk out of "Waitress". Good thing you introduced me to the "Red Box"!
mamasuisse said…
I love your list. I've only seen 3 of the 6 movies you listed and 1 of the TV shows. I've never even heard of Waitress but have added it to the top of my Netflix queue based on your recommendation - I hope it lives up to expectations.

What happened May 8th that was worse than day 2 pain!?
Jessica G. said…
I will have to put Waitress on the Netflix list!
And if May 8th is the day I think it is...I agree, that was a pretty lousy day.
I just called you but you are taking a nap. Sounds like a good idea!
Melanie said…
Loved your review and especially your BAG. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!