Skip to main content

Potty Training Battle Royale: Round 1


Amelia: 1
Mommy: 0


Since I am so very over changing 10+ diapers a day I thought it would be a good time to start Amelia on the exciting world of flushing. Santa brought Under the Sea panties, I bought Under the Sea pull-ups, found the stickers and I had committed myself to the next week of not leaving the house and spending the whole time with her.

I found her potty friend chair and told her it would be her special chair and would go around wherever she went today. Lucky girl! She just looked at me.

I took off her diaper and told her she gets to wear the lucky Under the Sea pull-ups and wouldn't it be neat that she can pull them up and down all by herself. Cue Meltdown.

I wrestle her down and put the pull ups on knowing for sure that once they are on she will love them and will only want to wear them forever. Cue Kicking.

She pulls the pull ups down. I say WOW! aren't you smart doing it all by yourself! What a big girl blah blah...Cue glaring.

And scene.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks for the update.

have fun PT Mia Mia. I say that totally tongue in cheek because as you know - there is nothing fun about it.
heidiram said…
Maybe we can get the two cousins together for some quality PT time. Today when I took Sarah to the doctor, her philosophy was 1 million percent different than Sarah's behavior therapist's philosophy on PT. Remember all those back to back accidents we've been having for 1 week now? Yeah, Sarah hasn't peed for 12 hours. O.K. technically when she refused to pee in the specimen cup OR in the bag at the doctor's office, they had to cath her. So yeah, there was enough of a sample to run tests. But aside from that, NADA in the bowel movement or pee-pee department for 12 hours. And if she didn't have a UTI, after today she most certainly will have one.
Jessica G. said…
Oh boy...not looking forward to that! The Boy also received underwear for Christmas (sans princesses) and we checked out the potty movie from the library (is it horrible if it makes me giggle?) so we're gearing up to start the training. Just need to stock up on carpet cleaner and valium.
SC said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
mamasuisse said…
Good luck with that. I'm not looking forward to this stage with Sam. I got VERY lucky and 2 of my 4 potty trained kids trained themselves. The other two needed a little more help. I used a book called something like Potty Training in a Day for Sarah, and it worked really well (although it took us more like 3 days).
Celia Fae said…
I hope you've given up already. Potty training is a summer activity so you can spray bums off with the cold hose in the backyard.
Hazen5 said…
Just make her put on her favorite flipflops and let her pee on them, it worked for Pay!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!