Skip to main content

Liar Liar, Pants on Fire

I just casually told the girls that Santa probably will just bring them clothes because they don't play with the toys in their room anymore so they probably don't like toys.

Result?

The girls are looked up in their room playing the snot out of their toys.

Peace at last....

Comments

Celia Fae said…
Oooo good idea. It's going to be peaceful at my house this afternoon. I can't wait. What trashy show should I watch?
AnnEE said…
You don't yell at your kids, or beat them. I like this kind of abuse WAAAYYY more.
Unknown said…
I guess the "Santa-Won't-Bring-You-Anything" threat has some merits to it...
Enjoy it while it lasts, didn't work on my kids!! So to D.I. we go!!!
Ashley Clark said…
I think you need to put all of your ideas in a book. Call it, "Sneaky Parenting Tricks" by Heather Danielson.
Jessica said…
You so win Smart Mom of 2007.
heidiram said…
You know where liars go??? The same place where cub scouts go that participate in a community pack instead of participating in a church pack. Heaven forbid!!!!!
heidiram said…
Oops, maybe that should be cub scouts' mothers seeing since I was the one that led my son off the straight and narrow in the first place. Do you know that since he has been involved in community cub scouts he will most likely NOT receive his Faith in God award, become an Eagle Scout OR continue on to serve a full-time mission? I haven't seen the official research study on this one, but it seems to be the very very strong opinion of someone I will not mention.
mamasuisse said…
Hmmm. I wonder what Santa would think of my girls' messy room.
Christy said…
What great reading! I'm a friend of East Coast Melanie's (what are you going to call her when she moves?) and was hunting around for some good blog reading and found it! As a mom, I like your style!
Hazen5 said…
I wish I could be there to watch them play!!
Melanie said…
AWESOME...is what I have to say about this. Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!