Skip to main content

Braggity McBraggerton


There is just no way to document my life this past few weeks without sounding braggy. So here goes. The biggest lesson I learned from our whole experience is HOLY CRAP we waited way to long to do something like this. We had a tremendous time and I loved every minute. (i especially loved reliving this cruise through pictures that I took and apparently we only posed in one direction. Whatever.)
We played some golf. He won once and I won once.

We went on a hike in the jungle to see petroglyphs then ate at a little cantina on the beach. Acapella in Acapulco.

We went horseback riding on this totally empty beach near Ixtapa while dolphins frolicked. I. Know.

We got dressed up and walked and laughed and laughed.

Mucho this.

Danced and danced.

We ate about 38 ice cream cones.

Lazed around at a beach in Manzanillo.

Went to a banana plantation.

Brad did this.

I did this. (I read 4 books.)

Requested Neil Diamond songs at the piano bar. (Brad wouldn't let me request Piano Man because he thought that would be mean of me. you know, because its not like the piano man has never heard piano man.)

tried to convince Brad these were super cool for him.

But mostly, we decided that eternity is going to rule.

Comments

Summmack said…
Brag on....I am so jealous!!!
Lindy said…
Tonight I will be dreaming of horseback riding on a totally empty beach near Ixtapa while dolphins frolick... :) I'm so glad (and jealous) that you had a fabulous vacay. Well deserved, well deserved.
Summmack said…
Me and the hubby did go to a movie, without kids today....Jealous? Yeah, I didn't think so;)
Paige said…
Totally awesome. We can't be jealous because you deserve it!
Melanie said…
nope...totally jealous. AND you deserve it! Looks awesome!!!!
Tristan said…
Well check you out!! You deserved it! How fun!

I am SOOO Jealous!
Nancy said…
I am so happy for you (and a little jealous). By the way... you look HOT!
Jenibelle said…
So fun! Me loves a fun cruise, ahhhh......
Anonymous said…
You guys are adorable. I'm glad you had a great time; I love cruises! And I love how almost everyone who has commented has either said "you deserve it" or "I'm so jealous!" or both.

And yes, you do look gorgeous!
I'm so glad you had fun. You have inspired me to do the same for our tenth. Glad you are back home safe.
Nortorious said…
Bring on the babies.
Jessica G. said…
Okay, I want all the details! We are trying to pick a cruise for later this summer and don't know which line to opt for or which destination. I am hoping for an Alaskan cruise because I look way better in a parka than I do in a swimming suit...
Kimberly said…
Glad you had such a great time. Nothing better than a warm vacation in January. And can I comment on how seriously skinny you are?!? Wow.
Ashley Clark said…
How fun! I love how you rhyme at the end. Too funny.
Our Family said…
It looks like you had a great time. I enjoyed my cruise to the Carribbean a few years ago. You both look really rested.

Hilary Zumbrennen
ashli said…
brag away....you so totally deserve it!
Looks like you guys had an awesome time. makes me want to plan something for us.
Tim and Angie said…
That sounds like a great trip! It does need to be done sometimes...more often. Look at those pictures often and the trip will get even better with time.:)
Diane said…
I don't think I have ever seen you guys so tan, so rested, so happy and so thin! When is the next cruise so Jim and I can sign up?!?
Unknown said…
Just curious - what cruise line did you go on?
April said…
I have never seen a bigger smile! You look fab!! You are so happy...your family is with you...your kids are beautiful...you are all so funny...and on and on it goes. I'm thrilled for you all. Brag away. It helps me to set a goal for that. Maybe in 5 years..it is workable. Glad to see how much fun you had.
Linsey said…
What an awesome time you had! You lucky deserving girl! And, can I just say, you are skinnylicious!
weeze or Alissa said…
Dang, I want to do that someday!
Julie said…
I agree . . . brag on . . . looks like an amazing time you guys had, not to mention that you look fab-U-lous . . .
Jessica said…
Looks like fun! Anyone who has done 10 years deserves a cruise! We had our 10 year last year and we had planned the cruise thing until we moved to snowy cold Chicago instead! :( I guess I will have to live through you for now!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!