Skip to main content

The Mama Lioness comfronts the Queen Bee/Unruly Elephant

A few months ago Brad and I were watching this show on PBS about a Preservation Habitat in Africa. The rangers were perplexed because some of the (endangered) young rhinos were coming up dead. They first thought that it was poachers and they thought it was another wild and ferocious animal. It turns out it was young elephants who strangely turned all mean and decided to terrorize the Habitat. These young elephants were pretty much able to go about their business and weren't originally reason for suspect because elephants typically don't act in such a agressive and unnatural manner.

Well yesterday this mama lion witnessed her young being terrorized for the last time. I have mentioned several times about a certain girl in the neighborhood who runs around like the young elephant. She was being her usual self (agressive, unnatural) so I grabbed my shoes and marched out to confront the attack. The elephant scrambled up a tree when she saw me coming. She knew she was busted. I roared:
How Old are you?
Elephant: no response
Lioness: HOW OLD ARE YOU?!
Elephant: 8
Lioness: How old is Abbie?
Elephant: I don't know
Lioness: She's 5, 5 -3 years younger than you. My house is right there and I saw everything that you did. I see everything you do. I know about the horrible mean things you do to other kids on the block and it stops now. You must BE NICE, do you understand stop being SO MEAN!
Elephant: Abbie is mean.
Lioness: I will deal with Abbie later, I'm talking to you and I'm telling you to BE NICE can you do that? BE NICE?! Because I see everything you do.
Elephant: nods her head.

Lioness grabs her cub and heads home. I'm feeling like a mama bad a**. Cub reports "The Elephant" makes me all sweaty and hot. I tell her that is what stress does to your body sometimes. I will work with my cub to get her to forgive and forget and be as nice as she can to the elephant so the elephant has no reason to be such a hater. In the meantime I am glad if the elephant is afraid of one lion on the block.

Did I handle the situation correctly? Probably not-but maybe it was the right thing to do right now. I'm planning on a nicey nice meeting with the elephants parentals real soon.






Comments

Unknown said…
Good for you mama lion!!!

Sounds like you handled it just fine since you had been hands off until now - sometimes, don't you just say to yourself, I can't believe i'm a grown up and i have to deal with these things.

-shannan
AnnEE said…
YAYAYAYAY!!!! The queen bee GOES DOWN!!! I think that you did great. If I were the elephant, I would have pooped my pants.
Jessica G. said…
Three cheers for the Lioness! A mom can only put up with so much before she's gotta put an end to it. I wonder what will happen the next time those elephants go looking for someone smaller...
That my girl! Repeat after me...Nobody but nobody will hurt or otherwise harm my baby cubs. Her next time out may be UP the tree. Who's the queen of the jayborhood now?
grammy said...

this is my first comment, blog, user name anonymous or not. Can you fill be in what the proper format is to "leave your comment"?

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!