Skip to main content

I need to VENT VENT VENT!

Ok, so I know I have mentioned it before but in case you were unaware. Some little girls are the WORST!!!

Today was a nice sunny day and Abbie wanted to go get on her bike and go find some friends. I was in my room looking out the window and I saw her find 2 girls (E and E) in the next cul-del-sac. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I could tell by Abbie's body language it was not going well. (We're talking 2 minutes here people)
Abbie gets on her bike and starts to ride around the circle when E gets on her bike and runs Abbie down. Abbie falls. Words I can't hear. E and E go running in another direction laughing leaving Abbie getting back to her feet. I come downstairs and watch out the back door and tell Brad what's going on. E and E start poking Abbie with umbrellas. Abbie in tears. Brad heads out to go get Abbie. She is not ready to come home but wants to go to J's house because J is always nice. Apparently they were saying she was not going to be invited to their birthday party etc...(which is the meanest thing you can say to a 4-year-old.)
Did I emphasize enough that the age is 4!!!!!!!!
I decided to call Abbie's preschool teacher because I wanted to know how she socializes at school. Miss N said she has no problems with the other girls and is always kind, thoughtful, and easy-going. That news kind of made the situation worse for me. I know Abbie is not perfect and she has her own issues but at least if it was a universal problem I could be a little more proactive in knowing how to help Abbie play.
Where do little girls learn this behavior?! It HAS to be taught from someone and fostered someway. I feel like I have been really good about teaching Abbie about Stranger Danger and we do little role-plays, but I have no idea how to help her through this tough situation. It is pretty much the whole toxic cul-de-sac because if its just E Abbie is fine, but add an E or M or J or L and its really bad. Nevermind the older girls that are just mean anyway. (by older I'm talking 8 and 9 people)
So what do I do? Once wonderful Athen got home from school he had a friend and they got the new boy from across the street and the 3 boys and 1 girl played together marvelously. I don't even like sending her out to play because I am so sick of the drama.

Comments

AnnEE said…
I HATE the little girls on your street. Just they WAIT until mean Auntie Anne comes to town. Ain't NOBODY going to mess with my Abbie and Amelia. I know how to throw down. (I learned from my apartment complex. :o))
Melanie said…
Girls can be so stinkin mean. It's awful. I have seen it and continue to see it all the time and I don't even have girls.
Unknown said…
So - even though I have only boys, i can tell you that some kids are just mean and spiteful. We had a French family live here for a couple of years and jackson just gravitated to the boys and they were so mean to him, yet he still continued to play with them. i hate to tell you, but the only relief we got was when they moved back to their own country to be mean there. Some people are just mean. But i think girls have an inbred emotional manipulation tool that they LOVE to pull out. Studies all across the board have said that boys often use physical force while girls use indirect force - but sounds like the girls on your street use physical too. You should make a rule that they are not allowed to come over to play - kind of like a 4 year old retraining order. Call the parents too - if you're pissed enough. XOXOXO
Big J said…
As a grown male, and someone who also go teased as a child, I agree that children are mean sometimes. I think for a couple of reasons. One being the environment they are raised in. Either they are exposed to that sort of behavior directly, or they are not taught how to control it or they are not kept in check. The hardest thing to do is to reassure Abbie that not everyone is like that, and the things that were said mean absolutely nothing to her and she should forget them and the people who said them. It is tough, I know, but happens with time.
Also, being the grown male who will also be moving into the area soon, I have no problem thupping a few heads. I could offer you protection, for a small price. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!