Skip to main content

Birthday Festivities....PHEW!

So the ladies (and gentleman) met at our house at 12:30 with their carseats. It was quite the scene watching the kids and parents get organized and settled in the cars but before long we were off to Thanksgiving Point. The weather all weekend was marvelous so when we woke up to snow I was a little annoyed. I figured animals have fur, and we wear coats so the party was still on!

As we walked to the party room the kids were so excited to get a glimpse of some of the animals. The room was all set up and there was someone in charge (Connie) and ready to entertain the folks so we could just sit back and relax. They played a game of musical haystacks, then the pony pinata, then a relay race with blow up ponies that you needed to use a fly swatter to move around with.

After that the kids came back to the table to sing Happy Birthday and open presents. While the presents were being opened the cake and ice cream was placed on their spots so no one had to wait for anything.

While the kids were eating the special visitor arrived. (or the special babysitter as J put it). It was Lucy the goat and the kids got to feed her and pet her.

Then it was time to bundle up and go outside for the pony rides. Since it was so cold we had the place to ourselves so the kids could wander around freely visiting the other animals while they waited their turn. Next came the tractor pulled wagon ride. Connie (the lady in charge) brought everyone blankets to make the ride a little more comfortable.
After the ride we gave the kids a little bag of food so they could go feed the animals while we collected everything and got out of the room. On their way home we gave them the goodie bags and Connie made.


All in all, it was a great day. It seemed like all the kids had a good time and best of all-the only finger I lifted was to happily hand over my Visa.

Comments

Jessica G. said…
What? No pictures of my Boo eating popcorn all by herself? :) She still talks about the party and the goat. And she still carries around the goody bag, even with the leftover animal pellets. You guys sure know how to party!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!