Scene: 2nd row of chapel, left hand side, aka soft cushy seats where deacons normally sit.
Max is standing facing the bench with his head resting on the seat. Thirteen year old Noah comes and passes the water tray to Abbie. Abbie is sitting on the end and Max is in between. I lean in and tell Max the water is here. He pops his whole body up causing Abbie to lose control of the tray and sends the nearly full tray of cups and water upward landing on the family in front of us. Audible gasp from the people behind us. I hand the tray back to the 13-year old who looks at it and realizes its mostly empty. Do they train the deacons in this situation? I have been taking the sacrament for the better part of 35 years and I have never seen a whole tray emptied by an overenthusiastic 2 year old. Max now says I be so ceeful now when the sacrament comes. Nice.
.JPG)
The scene of the crime.
We are at Salem Pond enjoying a pleasant summer day. A family is next to us feeding the ducks. Max is in the water. Max decides he wants in on the bread action. He wades over and starts shoveling the soggy bread in his mouth faster than the ducks can grab it. In between my screaming and dry heaving, I am pleading with him to come back to the shore because I have peanut butter sandwiches, crackers, cut up fruit, and cookies that have not been in the duck water. I wanted to die.
Max is standing facing the bench with his head resting on the seat. Thirteen year old Noah comes and passes the water tray to Abbie. Abbie is sitting on the end and Max is in between. I lean in and tell Max the water is here. He pops his whole body up causing Abbie to lose control of the tray and sends the nearly full tray of cups and water upward landing on the family in front of us. Audible gasp from the people behind us. I hand the tray back to the 13-year old who looks at it and realizes its mostly empty. Do they train the deacons in this situation? I have been taking the sacrament for the better part of 35 years and I have never seen a whole tray emptied by an overenthusiastic 2 year old. Max now says I be so ceeful now when the sacrament comes. Nice.
The scene of the crime.
We are at Salem Pond enjoying a pleasant summer day. A family is next to us feeding the ducks. Max is in the water. Max decides he wants in on the bread action. He wades over and starts shoveling the soggy bread in his mouth faster than the ducks can grab it. In between my screaming and dry heaving, I am pleading with him to come back to the shore because I have peanut butter sandwiches, crackers, cut up fruit, and cookies that have not been in the duck water. I wanted to die.
Comments