Realizing this is my fourth time reporting on Strawberry Days. I will say my kids look forward to Strawberry Days like they do Christmas and it is one of my favorite things about our town. I'll keep it short and mostly captionless for the blog book.
Strawberries and Cream while listening to a band play covers of Bon Jovi (badly).
Huck Finn Days-no fishing pole or net for us this year. I had visions of Max heading into the water so we didn't even venture to the pond area.
(story interruption: This train ride is the slowest *read dumbest* ride. I told the kids they could each have 4 rides and Max chose the train for one of his. He went by himself. Once he realized how inexciting it was everytime he would pass us he would yell "Gitme off dis wide white now!", then the train would slowly move along. He yelled and we laughed at least 6 times.)
Other memories of the week: Brad worked the rodeo and came home with
16 pounds of hulled strawberries. I spent the day making strawberry syrup, smoothie bags, fruit leather, and a spectacular strawberry cake.
The parade
As per usual for Amelia, she spent Saturday in deep depression at the thought of having to wait another year for Strawberry Days again.
Comments