(don't think I forgot my own Mom. Truth is, I have very few pictures of her with me because generally she is the one that is taking the pictures. I was searching for "the one" that I remembered from days of yore (last year) but I had to go in the fiery depths of confusion that is my photo filing lack of organization system.)
Its difficult to limit myself to only one word to describe my mom or even glean one thing that I have learned from her. There have been so many lessons and moments where I have had a glimpse of her wisdom. I suppose her life can be summed up in the word "capable" and incredibly "hard working." She has always strived to make her home beautiful and warm. She accomplishes this through her amazing meals, clean and tidy rooms, music playing, and her decorating. I have learned to love the holidays and to pass on that love to my children. I have learned to celebrate all the events in my children's lives while realizing that the most important times in my kids lives often occur at the most inconvenient in mine. My mom has never laid in bed despairing her situation and has always looked to make the best of any given challenge. Her life has always been her children and now her life is her grandchildren. She loves them fiercely and loyally. She is a friend, an advocate, and a healer. I am beyond blessed to have her as my mom.
Comments
without your Dad. Thanks darlin for
the tribute Love Ya