Skip to main content

Count your many blessings day 3: Soul Sistah

I have 2 amazing, talented, intelligent, funny, bright, well spoken, level headed, opinionated, goofy, strong, beautiful sisters. One is far (boo) and one is closeby (yeah!).

I am grateful for the sister who wanted to send an anonymous message to the perp via her myspace asking her if she is liking her new stroller.

I am grateful she texted me 2:26 to see if I wanted her to come get me so we could go to the school where the potential perp sends her daughter and then follow her home, since I didn't have a current address. We left 2 sleeping boys (one properly tended and the other more tended by the Holy Ghost and the power of mighty prayer)and waited patiently plotting our next moves.
Trying to be sly and cool during the stakeout. I love her so much I cropped her face out because she would not have approved of the shot.

She literally jumped out of the shower, threw some clothes on, and was out the door in my hour of need.

I loved her BRIGHT RED SUV!!! that was following the perp all the way to Southern Provo (don't worry, the child who was unattended became tended in the meantime) as we tried to keep a certain white car in our view but from a safe FBI type trailing distance.

I am grateful that although we lost the perp and ended up driving a long way she didn't lament the waste of time or gas.

I am grateful she has friends in the know with perks who not only ran the perps name through the system but also ran the perps license plates to see if we could possibly come up with a more current address.

I am grateful that I can share my heartaches with her and she will be there to fight the battle side by side with me.

I am grateful for Anne.


Comments

AnnEE said…
I might be a little teary eyed. You mess with my Sister, you mess with me. Love you, Sista.
Emily said…
Love this post. Love that you and your family, including your sister are wicked close.
That is awesome, and I love the stroller adventures too.
Hope you get it back.
Anonymous said…
I am grateful for AnnEE too. I am also grateful for your ability to make an incredibly annoying situation into something really funny.
ashli said…
"the power of the holy ghost and mighty prayer"

Laughing Out Loud! Sisters are truly so great and it's so nice to have one close by....
Ali said…
Great post!

I totally hope you catch the crook!! You and AnnEE are so lucky to have each other.
Tatiana said…
Your post is my happy pills for the day. I can't believe what you write. Heather, with hands on hips saying, "Dammit, Daywell! Be quiet, I can't sleep." I suppose I should expect nothing less from you as a grownup.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon! Hope you bag the thief!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!