Skip to main content

Count your many blessings...or at least attempt it


I thought I would take the opportunity to participate again this year with a different twist. Instead of just blahdity blahdity posts I am going to make an honest effort in being more Elder Eyringish (Oh Remember, Remember October 2007) this month and focus on my blessings. “I’m not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down.”

So I envisioned a month of Oprah circa 1995 type experiences and many reflections on how great my life is. Although there is some exhaustion and craziness mostly pretty good right?

Then my stroller got stolen tonight.

The one that I push everywhere.

Its like our second car.

The one that I drag behind on the hills when I bike.

The one I use everyday. Multiple times a day.

And I started feeling very very low. Stealing someone's stroller seems a bit below the belt don't you think? I mean who DOES that? We called the police and searched a good 2 hours for it.

Then I went to bed.

And thought about how I would twist this into a blessing.

And thought about how I should blog. Even if I didn't mention my stroller heartbreak.

Then I remembered.

My mother loving camera was in the stroller.

No words.

No Halloween pictures. Nada. Some idiot has my stroller, my shoes, Amelia's coat, and my for the love of all camera.

(I may have grabbed my knife and a flashlight and started searching for it tonight. Hooray for day light savings. Wandering around in the middle of the night? Nice. I clutched that Henkel paring knife mightily promising to really cut anyone who stopped me. I am a woman on the EDGE people!)

So although my intentions are there for wanting to do a blessing a day, gosh, right now. I'm feeling like I'm down 2 big ones.

Comments

Linsey said…
My first thought when I started reading your post was, YEA!! I loved last year's month of posts, I can't wait. And then I kept reading and now my thoughts are mad and sad and I'm thinking you were holding back by just going with the paring knife.

That bites, big time. I'm sorry and really wish I knew who took your stuff, I'd get it back for you, even the hard way.
Unknown said…
Okay that really sucks!

What's up with that??

I accept your challenge and I'm going to try to post every day too. C'mon - it will be fun!!
April said…
OUCH! I tell you, you should have covered it with the Swine Flu warning.
diane said…
Well I am thankful that you are blogging. You make me laugh. I would love to have seen you running around with that knife in your hand.

Stupid stroller jacker.
Jessica said…
Who in the heck steals a stroller? I mean, c'mon people!!!! Sorry and I would have been holding the knife and saying bad words in my head!
Nortorious said…
Now every time you see a stroller that slightly resembles your own you will be tempted to harrass the owners. Does it have any identifying marks? You should put out a reward sign for your camera at least -- people sympathize with personal losses like family photos.
heidiram said…
Remember that time Mia mia lost her yowie at the park and you posted signs and somebody found it the next day? I think you need to do the same thing with the stroller. There is no freaking way that anybody else in P-Grove has one of those (except for of course whoever stole yours last night). If enough people know about it, don't you think they are going to feel absolutely STUPID? And don't you think they are cursing right now because they also didn't steal the trailer you have attached to the back of your SUV to haul it to and fro?
Melanie said…
I liked the swine flu warning suggestion...but more practically, those stolen signs were AMAZINGLY effective with Mia Mia. I'd totally go for that. In my own selfishness, I know you're not feeling much up for blessings, but I'm so happy you are blogging. :)
Julie said…
Oh Heather...read your post earlier and I am still sick about it...

I mean...glad you're back to blogging, sick about the theft.

We will try to help "pray your stoller and camera back to you."

Love you.
Jessica G. said…
Brad told us what happened...and the people I saw with a big stroller? Actually two umbrella strollers...sorry! Still hoping it turns up!
Ashley Clark said…
That is so messed up. Who steals strollers? Hopefully tomorrow brings you 3 blessings (to make up for the 2 lost).

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!