Skip to main content

Rules of Summer Countdown #3: A word or 2 about meals


Please be aware of the following meals so you will know what to expect. I realize that you are growing children and I will try to keep that in mind. Just a reminder that you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, and also I am NOT a short order cook.

Breakfast#1-usually cereal. Help yourself and try not to spill. Maximum of 4 boxes open at a time. If you are not interested in any of the 4 cereals-well that's just too bad. You may NOT open up more boxes from the basement.
Breakfast #2-the real breakfast about an hour or so later. Usually involves fruit and some sort of protein and actual dishes
Snack #1-expect this around 10:30. Most likely the grab and go variety
Lunch #1-you can plan on sandwiches, fruit, veggies, a treat and a drink
Lunch #2-what you will want to eat an hour later but I will make you finish what you didn't eat for lunch #1.
Snack #2. This is a bit of a mixed bag. Stick close to your mom cause this is when the sugar cravings hit so you may even score some cookies. If not, plan on a popsicle. If your mom is off the sugar for the day WATCH OUT and give her some space.
Snack #3-DOES NOT exist!!!! so quit asking and begging me because dinner is almost ready. Child.
Dinner #1: The magic starts here. This meal is the one your mom thinks about all day in order to make it to perfection. PRAISE here is big.
After dinner snack: If you need one. Stick close to your dad for this one because you may score more cereal or a trip to the ice cream store.

With this food schedule in mind, please be flexible. Don't whine. Do your own dishes. And you can always help yourself to the white bin in the pantry if you are "starbing inside".

Comments

Jessica said…
I have been loving these...you are so funny!
Unknown said…
This one is particularly funny and true!! Although my kids don't stick very close to me at all because they know that the only "good" thing they may get is ranch and carrots. Dad is much better at doleing out the treats.

your kids are just too cute in their little aprons!
queenieweenie said…
wow-can my kids come to your house?
heidiram said…
I love your rule #1. I just counted open cereal boxes today in our pantry and we have 11 open boxes . . . about 5 of those boxes have enough cereal in it for one bowl. I'm going to enforce this rule at our house. And then I'm going to tell the kids it's your rule that you made up for them. You know, like your rule about when they are playing cat and dog they have to get a bowl and put it on the floor and drink out of it. Every time they do that now they say "Well, mom it's YOUR SISTER . . . Aunt Heather that told us we HAVE to do this".
Ilene said…
What, two breakfasts?

My kids can't read your blog.

Ah, the sugar fix in the afternoon. It's what we LDS women cling to since we don't have a glass of wine to help us wind down.
AnnEE said…
I miss my babies. I'm coming home from California right this second to go snuggle Mr. Tan Max.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!