Skip to main content

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

With no added artificial colors or sugars.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


This morning's green breakfast went better than last year. We had a great party at Grandma's last night complete with luck, cash, prizes, and great food. (I forgot to mention that we had a great big old laugh when Brad confessed that he thought Peter Pan was a leprechan and wanted Peter Pan to come and visit him and give him presents for St. Patrick's Day. We are not sure where that came from...Gary? Both Peter Pan and the leprechans are short and wear green?! who knows.)I used Wilton food coloring rather than that namby pamby food coloring set at the grocery store. Much better!

Also, I have found at least a temporary solution to my high blood pressure and eye twitching as of late.
I like to call it "Mommy's plan to have the girls get rid of their sense of entitlement, fighting, talking-back, sassying, procrastinating of their jobs, enough with the negative reinforcment rocks". And they only cost $3.00.

They have the chance to earn 5 a day. I've used a similar program in seminary and it works with even the trickiest behaviors so I thought I would give them a whirl at home. Abbie can cash in her rocks for mommy picking her up from school and a trip to Kneaders, a new fish (sadly we had another death in the fish tank, but wait! we also had babies!!! the same day...its a Molly fish miracle!!!)to the more "expensive" items like a date bowling etc. So far so good. Although I sort of want my own jar for Brad and I because I will do something and think hmmm. where's my friggin' shiney rock?!

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Comments

AnnEE said…
Please Please Please do a Peter Pan addendum.
Heather said…
Done. Although its not as funny as it was last night...Must have been the irish/pirate accents and the Catholic Bingo we played.
AnnEE said…
If you take the time to realize that Peter Pan is OH SO NOT Irish, it's most definitely funny. Good times. I'm not dying anymore. Lets do our FHE lessons this week.
Emily said…
Love the peter pan story! We too have a 'good behavior jar, works wonders--for the kids and me!
Jenibelle said…
Is that oatmeal? Eww. I don't think I could eat green oats. But the bowls are super cute!! And love the faux-push-him-out toy. Good thinking on that one!!
Julie said…
Okay, so green food never looks good, but I take comfort in knowing that if it comes from your kitchen it's always gonna be delicious whatever the color.

p.s. I love the reinforcement rocks - can we borrow that ? . . .
Ashley Clark said…
I like the jar idea. I did this with Doug when we first got married. But it worked the other way. Every time Doug said a swear word, I got to put 25 cents in. That worked great until we started using the money to go to dinner!
Tristan said…
The shiny rock/jar thing is a great idea! I need to do something like that with my 4 year old.
Hazen5 said…
I want exact instructions for the Shiny Rock Jar. We are starting Spring Break...all kids home...for two whole weeks!!! I know we will need the jars.
Celia Fae said…
I doubt Rachel needs the shiny rocks. I can't imagine those lovely children backtalking.

I wish my husband had a sweet tooth and would indulge mine. You married a good man.
Jessica G. said…
Yeah, I kinda spaced on the whole St Pat's day...the kids were lucky they had clean clothes!

And you totally deserve the shiny rock. I say make one for you! And make one of your prizes going to lunch with me. :)
mamasuisse said…
I don't understand the rock jar method. But I am getting desperate for ideas to stop my two little girls from fighting non-stop. Please explain.

And WHAT is that green goop?
D-dawg said…
ok, so I need more info on the rock things. My oldest is doing everything you say yours are doing and I've had it. So... if they're good they earn rocks and then when they have a certain number they get a date with you? what if they're bad, do you take the rocks out?

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Why its not good to leave your shoes lying around...

So day 3 of potty training. I push the drinks of water, orange juice, milk. Whatever. She holds it all morning long. We are on the potty every 15-30 minutes. She pees on the floor in the basement. (pergo so big deal). Last night while I am getting Max out of the tub she hops on the toilet and makes a download. My head nearly came off I was so excited. So she won't pee on the potty but she will do the other stuff. Or will she? Around 11:00 she starts telling me she is reedy reedy sweepy. I tell her to wait and we will put on a pull up and take a nap. About a half and hour later she wants a diaper please. I tell her we don't have any more diapers but when she is ready for a nap we will put the pull up on. She says ok and slumps up the stairs. I'm thinking I have mutiny on my hands. I am expecting to see her in a pull up with no intention of taking a nap. She comes down and shows the poop on her hands. She says she had a reedy reedy big poop. I ask her where she put it. She sa...