Skip to main content

Calling ya'll to move this booty

I could use a little help. Thanks to my friend I am doing something totally unlike me and very very ambitious. (More on that later....)

Mostly, I need some music that would be suitable to get my booty moving. I seem to be SO SICK of everything on my ipod.

So, what moves you?

Comments

heidiram said…
You have to tell everyone what you are doing before I will be willing to share music with you. :0)
AnnEE said…
I know what she's doing, but I'll keep it a secret!! Come on to my house, my house....

I'll hook a sista up!
Tristan said…
I am a big country music fan but I also have TONS of other stuff on my iPod. Yesterday my girls and I were dancing to Crocodile Rock by Elton John. LOL Good times!
Jessica said…
Who Knew by Pink
Girlfriend and Sk8tr Boi by Avril Lavigne
Irreplaceable by Beyonce
Come on Eileen by Dexy Midnight Runner

Just to name a few.
Emily said…
Yeah, it really takes some good music to keep moving, and after hearing the songs that you work out too, I start to hate them, so I HAVE to switch them up a bit...
My favorites are the past classics of:
500 miles by the Proclaimers
Birdhouse in your Soul by they might be giants
and for some reason Have a little faith in me gets me moving!
HA!
Good Luck, I'm so excited for you! Hope all is going well!
Jessica G. said…
Okay, the other Jessica must have peeked at my playlist because I have those, too.
U2's Salome is a good one (and it's a loooooong one so there's your warm-up or cool down or whatever).
Don't Stand So Close To Me by Police
Pain by Jimmy Eat World
Objection (Tango) by Shakira
Grace Kelyl by Mira (Boo loves this one and always insists that we dance when it's on.
Some of my favorites to work out to are "Moonlight Swim" by Elvis, "Bicycle Song" by Red Hot Chili Peppers and of course "Run It" by Chris Brown.
Nortorious said…
Were I to exercise, I would listen to Venus Hum's album 'Big Beautiful Sky' or Dolly's '9-5.' Elvis' 'Bossanova' is good high energy.
Anne, was that a 'Girl's Nextdoor' Quote. For shame.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Why its not good to leave your shoes lying around...

So day 3 of potty training. I push the drinks of water, orange juice, milk. Whatever. She holds it all morning long. We are on the potty every 15-30 minutes. She pees on the floor in the basement. (pergo so big deal). Last night while I am getting Max out of the tub she hops on the toilet and makes a download. My head nearly came off I was so excited. So she won't pee on the potty but she will do the other stuff. Or will she? Around 11:00 she starts telling me she is reedy reedy sweepy. I tell her to wait and we will put on a pull up and take a nap. About a half and hour later she wants a diaper please. I tell her we don't have any more diapers but when she is ready for a nap we will put the pull up on. She says ok and slumps up the stairs. I'm thinking I have mutiny on my hands. I am expecting to see her in a pull up with no intention of taking a nap. She comes down and shows the poop on her hands. She says she had a reedy reedy big poop. I ask her where she put it. She sa...