I've been reviewing my bloggedy blog lately because my 2 year anniversay is coming up. I realized that try as I might to capture real life sometimes its a little bit sunnier on the blog than it is in real life.
Behold, I give you...Real life...
I was playing blocks on the floor with Amelia (actually we were playing make a garage for the petshop mice out of blocks) and Abbie wanted to come and play. We were happily playing when the phone rang. (telemarketer). In the time it took me to say no this is not a good time I hear screaming and saw this.

Abbie was angry about something and the claws came out. (I have been meaning to trim them.)
I got down on Abbie's level. (and bit her nails off).
I sent her downstairs to be with dad. (bigtime punishment).
I comforted Amelia. (course I took a picture first).
Continued playing with Amelia. (those mice need lots of garage space).
Then a very repentant Abbie came up and wanted to hug everyone and felt really bad about her temper getting out of control. (might have inherited the emotional fuse from her mama).
I know its unrealistic to have roses bloom beneath our feet and all the earths an anthem sweet and all that jazz but if I could just have a day without the fighting then there truly would be love at home.
Behold, I give you...Real life...
I was playing blocks on the floor with Amelia (actually we were playing make a garage for the petshop mice out of blocks) and Abbie wanted to come and play. We were happily playing when the phone rang. (telemarketer). In the time it took me to say no this is not a good time I hear screaming and saw this.
Abbie was angry about something and the claws came out. (I have been meaning to trim them.)
I got down on Abbie's level. (and bit her nails off).
I sent her downstairs to be with dad. (bigtime punishment).
I comforted Amelia. (course I took a picture first).
Continued playing with Amelia. (those mice need lots of garage space).
Then a very repentant Abbie came up and wanted to hug everyone and felt really bad about her temper getting out of control. (might have inherited the emotional fuse from her mama).
I know its unrealistic to have roses bloom beneath our feet and all the earths an anthem sweet and all that jazz but if I could just have a day without the fighting then there truly would be love at home.
Comments
all we can do is keep on trying right? thanks for keeping it real!
Even more than potty training.
~Cringe~
You get more comments when you show that there's not beauty around. However, as a resident expert, life with the D-sons is pretty peachy.