Skip to main content

I'll try anything...


Yes I know I have a scheduled C-Section for next Sunday but for some reason knowing the end date is really making it a lot longer. So I am desperate to try anything to go into labor to make that date come sooner rather than later. I have tried all the "conventional methods" including eating a jalapeno sandwich (Can't wait to kiss that baby with a mouth full of cold sores)and carrying Abbie up the stairs.

Last night I got a call from Julie my fabulous sister-in-law who told me about the spleen 6 acupressure method. She's gone from 0 to baby in 24 hours 2 times and has had had similar results from other friends.

I told Brad about it. He sort of laughed. Called it the eject button.

He said he would be happy to press the "eject button" as much as I want. (Eventhough I secretly think he doesn't believe in the eject button I am glad he is willing to bruise me in order to get this party started.)

Comments

good luck with that. my massage therapist tried for 2 weeks with no luck. I honestly think when they're ready they'll come. I wish you the best though!!!! :)
AnnEE said…
where is said eject button?? i had a dream that max came last night. i guess not.
Melanie said…
Oh yes, I remember the days well...maybe because it was only a couple of months ago. I tried to get my baby out by eating spicy foods, walking until I thought my legs would just stop working, swimming, walking up and down the stairs at the pool, jumping on mini-trampoline, massage/acupressure, taking castor oil, walking on uneven curbs...and some other stuff. Nothing, not one contraction. I think Kelsi is right, they just come when they want...or when they are medically forced out like mine was. Either way, Good luck!
Julie said…
Sorry the ol'eject button on spleen 6 was unsuccessful. I swear I'm really not nutters - it is a legitimate thing. Jared already got a stern stare down from me this evening when he was openly debunking me on the phone with Brad. If you're still feeling desperate might I suggest that your next step would be carrying Brad up the stairs.
Julie said…
NOTE TO BRAD:

Dear Brad,

Even though Jared made fun of me I must get it out there that he found acupressure legitimate enough that he refused to press the magic spot on my ankles until he had a break in his work schedule because he didn't want to have to take a day off - for a birth. I'm just saying . . .

Love ya,
J.
Jessica G. said…
Ummmm...so I might be just odd or whatever but why exactly is there a picture of a *foot* with this post? Last biology class I had was quite a ways back but I don't think the spleen fits in your sock.
And my body does not come with an eject button...just a "cut here" tattoo.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!