Skip to main content

"So you eat.....Yes We Eat!"


A few weeks ago Brad was a little irritated with what I threw together for dinner and suggested that I just cook regular food like meat loaf and spaghetti and stop "Food Networking it Up" (Apparently my cranberry sage pork roast was not a hit...). I have decided to post what's for dinner during the week and would like to invite comments.
Thursday: Turkey, chedder, dijon, granny smith apple sandwiches and TJ tomato soup
Friday: Pizza with the Eyrings
Saturday: Mushroom tortillini with green beans
Sunday: Pot roast, garlic mashed potatoes (I bought a sugar pumpkin that I would like to try to make a pumpkin pie from scratch with)
Monday: Bean and Cheese Burritos, salad
Tuesday: Italian Chicken Sandwiches with roasted red peppers, carrot salad
Wednesday: Split Pea Soup, Breadsticks
The challenge for me is finding variety, nutrition, a way to rotate food storage (hello, dried milk anyone?) and have it stick within the food budget. I'll let you know next week if I was able to just cook regular stuff (whatever that is...)

Note: I have a secret, if I ever worry about whether or not the dinner will be a hit or not, I just need to throw a little chocolate Brad's way and I am forgiven. Brad is pictured above with some brownie...wonder what I cooked that day...

Comments

Melanie said…
We are pretty boring eaters around here...but every once in a while we have to bust out something special for variety. Our traditional winter foods are pretty heavy...we like enchiladas from the recipe on the elpaso can plus corn. We like tuna casserole, tacos, pork corn stuffing bake, chicken raviolis and our favorite lately is the turkey veg pasta meal (i don't know if it has a name), but it is DELISH. I always think about you this time of year because you always had something smelling festive and delicious on your stove. I want my house to smell like yours.
Heather said…
Our friends the Jasinski's gave us this lovely Yankee Candle warmer and we like the scent of Harvest soemthing...After Thanksgiving I make the switch to Williams-Sonoma and get their mulling spices to burn on the stove. Brad does not love that one, however, because I tend to burn them in the pan....whoops

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!