Skip to main content

Food Glorious Food


So since Thanksgiving is next week I am going to buy several turkeys (I think they are like 7.00 at Smiths) Even though I am not going to cook Thankgiving dinner, Brad still wants my turkey (its brined in white wine and spices) so I am going to make Jean's white chilli with turkey next week and Melanie's turkey pasta in 2 weeks. Here's what we are looking at for this week:
Thursday: Chicken Pesto calzone, salad
Friday: Janet's 3 bean soup (it has a can of refried beans, can of black beans, can of kidney beans, and a jar of salsa. that's it), corn bread
Saturday: Waffles, sausage
Sunday: Dinner with the Guernsey's
Monday: Cod in Piccata sauce
Tuesday: Broccoli stuffed potatoes
Wednesday: Mushroom, barley soup
Looks like it will be a pretty simple week. Abbie is four months old in the picture, but she's never to young to dislike food on her head.

Comments

Melanie said…
This is an easy week?? :) Martha should watch out!... K, I am almost too embaressed to confess this, but I have never made a calzone. Chicken pesto sounds lovely. Is it really easy? I'm not good with complicated meals. I'd love the recipe!
Heather said…
Mel, all I do is make a pizza dough and fold it in half-I am using leftover cooked chicken, and bottled Trader Joe's pesto. I have some mozzerella and parmesan cheese and there it is...
Heather said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said…
Mel, and if you are really smart you can go to your local pizza place and buy their dough and freeze it for when you want to you use it
Jean, It could be like a Maine Thanksgiving!
Melanie said…
Yeah, it all sounded great and easy... minus the pizza dough making, which I have been known to make a SERIOUS mess of...I like the idea of buying the pizaa dough. Thanks for the ideas. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!