Skip to main content

Hey Good Lookin' Whatcha got cookin?

This week is going to be a bit of a repeater since I did not get to all the eating that we wanted to..so here goes
Thursday: French Dip Sandwiches, oven fries
Friday: Shrimp in Cuban Mojito Sauce, black beans
Saturday: French bread pizza
Sunday: Cheese tortellini wih sundried tomato sauce
Monday: Quiche-have been craving it like crazy lately, and yes real men to eat it...
Tuesday: Jeans white bean chili (I keep forgetting to soak my beans...grrrr)
Wednesday: Cranberry chicken in the crockpot

Happy Family Dinner times!

Comments

Heather said…
Here is the quiche I like. Its super simple. I will probably sustitute the Costco greens for the spinach since I have some in my fridge

6 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper
2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.
Heather said…
Here is the chicken recipe. I really like thighs because they have a little more fat and therefore a little more flavah

2 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs

1 small onions thinly sliced

1 C. cranberries fresh or frozen

1/4 C. ketchup

2 T. brown sugar

1 t. dry mustard

2 t. cider vinegar

1 1/2 T. cornstarch blended with 2 T. of cold water

Add the onions and cranberries to the crockpot. Arrange the chicken on top. In a small bowl combine ketchup, sugar, mustard and vinegar together. Blend well. Pour over the chicken.

Cook on low for 6 hours. When chicken is done, remove chicken. Turn cooker to high. Mix cornstarch with the water and stir it into the sauce in the crockpot. Cook for another 10 - 15 minutes until it thickens. Season to taste and pour over the chicken.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!