Skip to main content

One day we'll laugh about this...


or not.
Warning.

I hesitated recording for history the following account. It's disgusting. And I want to bleach my mind remembering it. But well, in case I develop a brain tumor and I am no longer the keeper of memories, I better write it down.

I'll spare the details and just bullet the highlights.
  • I was downstairs scrubbing the kitchen floor
  • Max went poop on my bedroom carpet. (which is upstairs)
  • He was playing trucks. (the big tonka yellow kind)
  • He took the truck off roading...in what looks like mud.
  • Poop looks like mud
  • I had poop tire tracks all over my walls.
  • And carpet.
  • And a pile of Brad's clean folded laundry
  • And heating vent.
  • The heat was on.
  • I threw Brad's clothes away. (sorry. It was that or replace my washer and dryer.)
  • While I was cleaning up with my steam cleaner, tears, and sweat, Max and his sisters went to the park.
  • The poop tire tracks came out of everything.
  • I got a little overzealous with my excitement and spilled the tank of poop water.
  • On my shirt.
  • And pants.
  • And face.
  • Then Abbie came home to tell me Max was naked at the park.
  • Well, sort of naked. He still had his car snow boots on.
  • I still think its too soon to laugh about.

Comments

Emily said…
Some day it will be funny. Trust me. I have three boys. :) and speak coming from similar experiences.
I'm sorry still, for you.
val said…
Oh, that's awful. Horrible. It's true you'll laugh eventually... but it won't be today. Oh girl. -Val
Kimberly said…
That is sick, but I totally laughed. I'm sorry (for both the poop and the laugh).
Oh, I'm laughing now no matter what!
--Sean
ChiTown Girl said…
Wow! This is the story you need to tell at Max's wedding!!!
BoyMaker said…
Oh. My. Word. I cannot stop laughing!!! I've told EVERYONE. I even printed it and passed it around the office. You crack me up and I love love love this story!!!! Can't wait to see you and meet your crazy clan soon!!
Elizabeth said…
Seriously Mothers should get special awards (that include either $$$ or pedicures) for cleaning up other peoples body outputs. I was going to say you will never get over it but seeings as my husband and I laugh like drains about an "incident" that happened 7 years ago at our surf club ... time and disinfectant do make most things better.
PS my word verification was seamin... should I have not talked about other peoples outputs???
Leah said…
Oh I am so sorry! I hope that someday you can laugh at that, but for now that you for sharing with us so we could laugh at it. I did feel bad laughing though!
Unknown said…
Uh....
I would have died. Yes you'll laugh one day, but I also think you should deduct your cleaning fee from his inheritance.
Rach Platt said…
Nick did the same thing when he was in a diaper. Poop does make good finger paint and he used it to paint our little toy farm. What is it with boys? My girls never did that!
April said…
well, i'm laughing now. must have been enough time for me. Love you and happy birthday!
Ashley Clark said…
I almost cried for you when reading this. And then I wondered if my little boy will ever be this messy. The medical term for people who enjoy playing with poop is coprophilia.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!