Not proJECTing as in attributing his repressed thoughts to someone else but PROJECTing as in knocking out projects.
I've always hated the mirror that the builders installed in our downstairs bathroom. The red bathroom has always been, oh shall we say, a source of ire in our home. Six years ago, I wanted it red. I suck at painting. The color wasn't right. I didn't apply the paint as carefully as one might hope. The color ended up like a death scene with blood splatter. He had to install moulding to correct my ceiling errors. He only finished 3 walls. It was awful and I hated it. Plus it was dark and had a stupid mirror. In his projecting mode he finished the moulding, touched up a bit, and made me a mirror. Yes made me a mirror. Spoiler Alert: He is a custom framing fool. He went to DI to get a good sized mirror then took it apart, reframed it, and painted it. (getting that mastic that attaches the mirror to the wall was a bugger. After a few attempts he closed the door and left it alone one night. We awoke to a massive crash. The mastic decided to give a little and oh well you know.)

.JPG)
I've always hated the mirror that the builders installed in our downstairs bathroom. The red bathroom has always been, oh shall we say, a source of ire in our home. Six years ago, I wanted it red. I suck at painting. The color wasn't right. I didn't apply the paint as carefully as one might hope. The color ended up like a death scene with blood splatter. He had to install moulding to correct my ceiling errors. He only finished 3 walls. It was awful and I hated it. Plus it was dark and had a stupid mirror. In his projecting mode he finished the moulding, touched up a bit, and made me a mirror. Yes made me a mirror. Spoiler Alert: He is a custom framing fool. He went to DI to get a good sized mirror then took it apart, reframed it, and painted it. (getting that mastic that attaches the mirror to the wall was a bugger. After a few attempts he closed the door and left it alone one night. We awoke to a massive crash. The mastic decided to give a little and oh well you know.)