I may have mentioned that this week has not been a steller one in regards to my parenting. After being pecked at like a worm from a dozen chickens one morning my patience was at an all time low. Amelia was not cooperating and was being a whiney brat. (there goes that loving language of mine again.) I lost my temper. Bad. I set her down on the floor and was pleased that she was smart enough to head to her room without my "encouraging her to do it". After I had taken a little break I was ready to go apologize and make peace with her. She looked at me with tear filled eyes and told me that I had broken her heart a little bit this morning. I wanted to die. We made up and the two of us were ready to head downstairs. I hadn't had a chance to say my morning prayers yet (could have something to do with my behavior). I explained that I needed just a minute and I would be downstairs when I could. I began to kneel at my bed and she was in the hallway. She was watching me and begin coaching me.
"Say Dear Heavenly Father. Sorry I was so mean to Amelia this morning. I won't do it again. Name of Jesus Christ Amen."
"Now go get me some more toast mom."
I felt awesome. Really. Awesome.
Comments
A woman in my mom's ward told me about how hard it was when her kids were little. She flipped out one day and started beating the refrigerator with a baseball bat. Her oldest came in and said, "Should we say a prayer now?" Hilarious and horrible all at once!