I have been getting all caught up on my This American Life. A few weeks ago they featured an episode called "This I used to believe". Sort of a takeoff of NPR's "This I believe". I thought I would dazzle the blog with of my own version of "This I used to believe."
I graduated from USU with a minor in Women's Studies. At the time, I felt so empowered and important. I especially remember one lecture that discussed the importance of having neutrally balanced toys. I remember vowing to make sure my future offspring girls played with trucks and my boys played with dolls.
This I used to believe...that I would be enlightened enough not to think its wierd or funny and encourage that sort of play. Challenge the stereotypes! This I used to believe....
but now, I think its hilarious and not necessarily advanced that Max does this...



Sorry Brenda. You can rip up my degree. I'm probably too silly to deserve it now.

(Mel-Dawg and Special K-holla! how great does Brenda look?!)
I graduated from USU with a minor in Women's Studies. At the time, I felt so empowered and important. I especially remember one lecture that discussed the importance of having neutrally balanced toys. I remember vowing to make sure my future offspring girls played with trucks and my boys played with dolls.
This I used to believe...that I would be enlightened enough not to think its wierd or funny and encourage that sort of play. Challenge the stereotypes! This I used to believe....
but now, I think its hilarious and not necessarily advanced that Max does this...
Sorry Brenda. You can rip up my degree. I'm probably too silly to deserve it now.

(Mel-Dawg and Special K-holla! how great does Brenda look?!)
Comments
she looks great! if she could only see us now... still enlightened. still lds women. {she might be more disappointed in the latter}
those were some good times though. i mean really, who else had to watch tv & movies as research? who else had a major created for them just to make their classes all count towards graduation?
life was rough.
i sure loved brenda. she was really good to us.