Skip to main content

Flowers, cookies, and another race.

I know it just looks like I'm showing off.

But that Bradfo is a keepah.
(And so is my visiting teacher).

Oh, and I signed up for the Deseret News 10k in July. I'm a bit addicted.

And was anyone else really glad to see David Archuleta wearing modest boxers in the creepy Risky Business commercial?

Comments

Emily said…
10K? WOWSER, you go girl!
Nancy said…
I felt the same way about David A. in the Guitar Hero commercial. And good luck on your next race! I'm impressed!
Hollyween said…
VERY impressed with your race. Congratulations!

And yes... I was VERY glad that David A. wore boxers. Mmm... those cookies look so good right now!
Linsey said…
If you've got it flaunt it! Work it, work it, own it, own it...
Christy said…
I really didn't need to see either one dancing around in their underwear. They never should have made them stoop to that level (the boxing thing was bad enough). These guys are amazing and deserve more respect than that. Good for David A for doing the best he could with a bad situation! I'll step off my soapbox now. Have fun with the 10k! You are amazing!
Kimberly said…
Rock on! That is a great 10K. Lots of downhill, so practice so it doesn't kill your knees. Maybe I'll join you!
I missed the commercial. I can still check it out on Tivo though!
queenieweenie said…
10K? You are my hero. I missed the boxers. It's probably a good thing as I was watching with my kiddos and my 13 yr old might haven gotten all twitterpated!
AnnEE said…
I may or may not be thinking about doing the 10k with you....
Tristan said…
Wow a 10K! You go girl!
diane said…
YEAH for boxers and mint Milanos!!
Anonymous said…
whoa, 10K, that's amazing. Good luck on your race!

Arlene,
Gig Harbor flowers
Ashley Clark said…
Since David C. did the commercial first, I thought ONLY he would be doing the commercial. Thank goodness David A. did it modestly!

I also had to giggle when Guru Pitka started giving him the birds and the bees talk.
yes. i think i would've felt like a creepy perv if i watched him dance in skivvies. i mean, the kid is like twelve. ew. it's cute if you're a toddler, and hot if you're david cook. anything in between is just wrong.
Jessica G. said…
AGAIN?? Wow, you must really be crazy - I mean, dedicated...you must really be dedicated. :)
heidiram said…
I think you need a 5 pound bag of cinnamon bears to help you train for the next race.
Hazen5 said…
Ask Rob what he did when he read your "Race Post"! Hint: he needed a hankie! I love my sensitive man.
Jenna Harris said…
Yes, yes I was very happy to see David A. in modest boxers. When I saw DC doing the commercial I thought, that's weird, he's not even a teen. Why don't they have David A. doing it.

Then I thought, this is creepy, good thing David A. isn't doing it. Then I saw the David A. commercial and I thought, Good thing he's in boxers and NOT doing exactly what DC did.

I think I used "then" too much. Then, then, then. Whew. Now it's out of my system.
weeze or Alissa said…
YEA!!!!! 10K is the way to keep on building up...you know IRONMAN is in your future! Again, you rock! IT's great to catch the competitive bug!

weeze

p.s.
April has her own blog now, it's
thetribe5.blogspot.com

she is trying to link it with the one we already started.
mamasuisse said…
You are my hero - seriously.

About the Risky Business question, I'm with Christy - I could definitely have lived without seeing either one in their underwear. DC's commercial grossed me out - DA's would have been even worse if he hadn't gone the more modest route.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!