Skip to main content

I know all kids do it


So I'm glad at least she's normal.

I'm upstairs getting dressed. I come downstairs. Amelia is inside the toybox. She says.

"Yook mom, I colored a da Max."

This is after she dumped out her breakfast on the floor so she could feed da boy.

Comments

i think it's supposed to be good for the skin. some salons charge upwards of $475 per application.
Nancy said…
I love the super-grin she has on, it makes the pictures even funnier. Probably funnier to me because I didn't have to clean up any messes afterwards.
Emily said…
Max is going to appreciate his sisters love some day. What boy doesn't love an older sister who cares deeply for him, so much so she is always thinking of him?
Annemarie said…
He's the cutest little canvas I've ever seen!
Unknown said…
When we see each other next, remind me to tell you a story of how Jackson colored a very very inappropriate word and phrase on his brother in Sharpee. I wasn't home at the time, but I seriously died.And there was no way I could blog what he wrote and did.
Summmack said…
I fell so bad for the 3rd child..they take all the abuse;) at least Avery does!
AnnEE said…
I will answer Emily's question: My husband. And his wife.
Hopefully it wasn't a permanent marker!!
Ashley Clark said…
I love how you narrate Mia's voice. I feel like I'm actually there!
Lorena said…
Isn't it amazing how they can take an opportunity like Mom getting dressed, going potty, taking a shower, etc. to create ultimate destruction? Kids...gotta love 'em!
MissLed said…
I love Mia's grin too. But I love Max's reaction even more. He's such a good natured and mellow little boy, that he's just totally cool with her drawing all over his face.
weeze or Alissa said…
Amy did a number on my face with a green magic marker...mom took a nice picture...then Amy pushed me off the 3ft. high patio deck. I was in my walker...oh the good old days!
Nortorious said…
Better the baby than the walls or carpet.
diane said…
Max has a technicolor dream coat! Maybe they were playing Joseph.
Hazen5 said…
It's worse when they actually do it to themselves! Hello, Payton and a marker driving to my mom's house in not a good combo.

At least he looks happy!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!