Skip to main content

You, Me, and a spot of tea

Abbie, Grandma Stocker and I had a great afternoon excursion at here and I even found my pinky finger extending the more I sat there. I have been wanting to do it FOREVER! and we couldn't have picked a more perfect date. Take a lookey.
They made Abbie her own special PB&J. Too bad she was more interested in the cucumber and watercress sandwiches. (Which was garnished with caviar. ooo laa laa)
She did the most wonderful job as the hostess with the sugar bowl.

I was trying to be discreet and take a picture of the table but I wanted to also make sure I captured the beautiful and talented harpist. (I'm sure she hates being recognized given her somewhat public status and most likely with horrible memories. In case she googles herself and afternoon tea I will just say that her name rhymes with Panizadeth Lart)

And finally dessert. Abbie's little fruit tart fell on the floor. Her eyes welled with tears. (the bad mommy in me was tempted to say that it was really too bad that it happened and it stinks to be her as I and gobbled up my own fruit tart-but I didn't. Good mommy shared with her. (but I did snake her cannoli.))

Comments

AnnEE said…
That is so very interesting that Smasmisateth Part was there. Was she a good harpist?

That made me sad when Abbie's tart fell on the floor, and I wasn't even really there.

By the way, that color looks HOT on you. You are the pretty one. Blast.
MissLed said…
I was just thinking the exact same thing! That is totally your color! You look fabulous.

Also, you are officially the cutest mom on the planet! Afternoon tea at the Grand America. What a fun outting! Life doesn't get much better than that!
Paige said…
WOW, Total celebrity spotting, you should tell Lenore! I knew she played the harp, but I thought it was at Nordie's. Cool.
Unknown said…
Since taking my boys to tea will probably be out of the question, can I join you guys next time? I love tea at fancy hotels. And I love seeing celebrity harpists too.
mamasuisse said…
How fun. This is going on my "To Do" list as bribery for future chores from my girls.
heidiram said…
How fun is that. I'll go for the fun pastries and finger sandwiches, but do you think they could serve it with a diet coke instead? I am just not a tea person. You do look lovely.
Celia Fae said…
Hey. I would pay good money to see that harpist. Next time get her from the front, please. I need an update.

So did you drink the dreaded tea or something else? I always have a difficult time explaining mommy's herb tea. Oh, and the iced tea addiction I had when I was pregnant. Have you ever had that stuff? It was hard to go off of it.
Nortorious said…
Smalisabif Shmarf was there? Way to spot. We believe you, even if you don't have a front picture. Going to tea in London was one of my favorite things to do. Do you know any places that have authentic afternoon tea in the Bay Area? I want watercrest.
Hazen5 said…
I can't believe I missed this post. Great sighting!!! Let's go there in May!
Jessica G. said…
The Blizardbeth Cart? Wow...
And what a cute idea to do with little girls! Wanna go again with me and da Boo?
Ashley Clark said…
I think I need to make a list that says something like, "things to do with my kids" or "how to be a good mom" and write down all the fun things you've done with your kids. This is an adorable idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!