Skip to main content

The North West Sure Knows How to do Fall!!!

Since school was out for a few days so the dads can go kill deer (its true...) our non-hunting family took the opportunity to go see Grandpa Gary, Shirley and Papa Bob in Oregon. What a great place!! The kids did amazingly the whole time and we had a great time. I did not bring my camera (grrrrr....) so here's what Brad's sucky camera phone provided.

Escalators: Who needs the park when we can send the kids up and down the escalators? Way more fun to do outside of our county without the "disapprovingwhoistheirmotherjudging" that seems to take place here.

Pumpkin Patch: The best patch I have ever been to for kid stuff. (Shannan you must visit this place) Rope swing into a pile of dirty mattresses? Check! Hippies doing face painting with extra glitter? Check! Stacked up hay that kids can climb on? Check! Sending Amelia down big scary rickety slide alone? Check!




























Boating on the Columbia: We were able to take Grandpa Gary's small yacht down the river and do a little sightseeing. By the way, although they say its just like driving a car, its not. I sucked at it:





















On the way home:














Home at last: Its good to be home, but we sure did have a great time and are looking forward to going out again in December.

Comments

Paige said…
I pictured you DRIVING to Oregon. Nothing made me more happy than that picture of the luggage pick-up at the end! Spoiled (smart) Cali girl!
Celia Fae said…
Does Grandpa still have that boat/land/duck type thing? I will never forget that.

I want to move to Oregon so I never have to pump my own gas again.
Jessica G. said…
Very smart...flying instead of driving. I might have to try that one of these days.
Jessica G. said…
And I *was* going to make a comment about how maybe driving the boat wasn't the problem; that perhaps your car driving is just not up to snuff...but that would have been mean. :)
Nortorious said…
Nothing like scary mattresses to jump on and crazy hippies. Sounds like a classic west coast pumpkin patch.
I didn't know you were even allowed to drive across state borders.
That one picture of Max on the boat, totally looks like he is lying under 6 inches of water. Are you sure you didn't do a little "drowning" of the kids?
Ellie said…
You are a picture pro. How do I make them so they are not all centered?
Jessica said…
We were there at this exact time last year and it is amazing! I guess rain is good for that: (as it floods outside) long, gorgeous fall colors.

(I'd still prefer the 70 degree falls I grew up in.)
Paige said…
I need your Christmas dates that you are here so I can schedule the big shin-dig I am hosting for you guys here.

Sorry to miss Thanksgiving, but I can't go to Utah because it's cold.
Unknown said…
Too bad I didn't get the name of that pumpkin patch. We went yesterday to the family farm one (I REALLY want to go to the Little People, Big World pumpkin patch and see the Roloff family but it's at least an hour drive for me) and it poured down rain the entire time as Blake and I tromped through the muddy wet corn fields.
Lots of fun :::)))))
Melanie said…
Sometimes I think maybe we will end up back in Utah and then I am reminded that they really do have state-sanctioned time off for hunting/killing stuff and I think to myself, "No way, no how, never, never, never." Good to hear that you are not a hunting family and that you got your kids away from the bloodshed. I do heart Oregon an awful lot! Glad it was fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!