Skip to main content

2 Months Down.....


Today Sr. Crankypants is 2 months old. I feel like I need to maybe look into changing his nickname because he, happily, has not been living up to it. Although we are still trying to figure out what makes him tick I have learned a few things.

He likes:
La leche
Sleeping on his side NOT in a baby burrito
Nightly 8:30 bathtime, especially if he can pee straight in the air in a giant arc
Snuggling on the big love sac in the basement
getting more chins
Smiling at me during a feed so I have wet shirts


He tolerates:
Me trimming his nails
The swing in the basement
Getting carried around by Abbie
Formula
Costume changes to coordinate with what everyone else is wearing
Me kissing his cheeks so much they are a bit red and dry

He Dislikes:
The Baby Bijorn
Being held inward
Me getting rid of the boogs.
Getting knocked on his side in the vibrating chair by older sister trying to reinact WOAH movements
Playing tea party with Amelia when he's sleeping
Tummy time or Watch me spit up on the blanket then lay my cheek in it time

He hates:
A slight tingle of hunger
Being alone all during the night
Probably hates that I'm trying to "extend" the wardrobe by throwing in some girly outfits.

All in all, He's just like HIS DADDY.

Comments

Rick said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AnnEE said…
Now where in there does "Getting made fun of for being so cute and fat" fall into the picture? My boy downed like, 4 oz at one of his feedings last night (he's only supposed to take 2), and I said, "Atta boy, you've got a LLOOONNNNGGGG way to catch up with your cousin!! Love the picture. Can't wait for the festivities this weekend, party favors and all!
Celia Fae said…
What did Rick say? I wanna know.

Yeah, that Baby Max is getting cuter by the day. I'm glad there are regular pictures of him, although I miss his postings about his cousin.

Does Brad really pee in the tub?
Melanie said…
What a cute boy. Glad
Sr. Crankypants is losing the name. Elliot is turning into Sr. Crankypants this week...I'm hoping that goes away right quick.

p.s. did you happen to get my e-mail about apple pie filling? I've been craving it ever since I saw your blog. :)
Jessica G. said…
And let's be honest...who really likes having your mom get rid your boogs?
Nortorious said…
Maybe you should call him Little MacDonald, because of his golden arches.
I want to kiss and cuddle him.
Big J said…
"Girly clothes"? No wonder he is mr crankypants!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!