So we had some lovely friends over for dinner on Sunday and I was asked the question that I haven't thought about..at...all...
"What have you done to get ready for the baby?"
The truth? Nada. Nothin'. Zilch. Nil. Zero.
Fast forward to Monday Funday when I am cleaning Abbie's room and thinking...
"WHERE AM I GOING TO PUT THIS child?! Where am I going to put Amelia? How am I going to contain this chaos? Abbie's room is cute as can be but it has its fair share of ponies, barbies, pet shops, clothes, shoes, stuffed animals, etc....so it can be a challenge to keep tiday. Enter the Amelia tornado. Where do I put her and all of her stuff? I told Brad I think we needed to hire a professional organizer to come in and help me do it. Its not really in the budget but I still have a professional in mind (Hollah Grannie!).
So yesterday I spent the day looking at bedding and other fun things and while I am not really in a pottery barn kids/land of nod ability to spend I did find some things that I liked in the Target/Ikea world. So do I do something like this
or do I do something like this?
The one I wanted was this but it had some bad reviews fading and such so that's a no-go. I don't want a barbie/hello kitty/dora themed room at ALL but it is a bit hard to find some cute girls kids bedding. Boo. Never mind I haven't bought A THING for this child housed in my womb. No diapers. Not even a wipe. Considering that Amelia came in 3 weeks from where I am right now...well enter the panic.
Today wasn't much better. I am going to have 3. One of them is a boy-child. I decided that butter and sugar was the only way I could cope so here is the result. The girls were much more willing to join me today.

By the way. Ikea opens in less than 18 hours. Hold me back.
"What have you done to get ready for the baby?"
The truth? Nada. Nothin'. Zilch. Nil. Zero.
Fast forward to Monday Funday when I am cleaning Abbie's room and thinking...
"WHERE AM I GOING TO PUT THIS child?! Where am I going to put Amelia? How am I going to contain this chaos? Abbie's room is cute as can be but it has its fair share of ponies, barbies, pet shops, clothes, shoes, stuffed animals, etc....so it can be a challenge to keep tiday. Enter the Amelia tornado. Where do I put her and all of her stuff? I told Brad I think we needed to hire a professional organizer to come in and help me do it. Its not really in the budget but I still have a professional in mind (Hollah Grannie!).
So yesterday I spent the day looking at bedding and other fun things and while I am not really in a pottery barn kids/land of nod ability to spend I did find some things that I liked in the Target/Ikea world. So do I do something like this
or do I do something like this?
The one I wanted was this but it had some bad reviews fading and such so that's a no-go. I don't want a barbie/hello kitty/dora themed room at ALL but it is a bit hard to find some cute girls kids bedding. Boo. Never mind I haven't bought A THING for this child housed in my womb. No diapers. Not even a wipe. Considering that Amelia came in 3 weeks from where I am right now...well enter the panic.
Today wasn't much better. I am going to have 3. One of them is a boy-child. I decided that butter and sugar was the only way I could cope so here is the result. The girls were much more willing to join me today.

By the way. Ikea opens in less than 18 hours. Hold me back.
Comments
And I am totally counting down to Ikea, too! ehehehe...
When is your little guy due? I'm assuming soon... what's your address????
And, hello, are you going to share your blogger wallpaper tricks with me??? ;) Love your blog makeover. The help needs to be sent this a way!!!
Also, while I am asking for things when you have a lot to be thinking about, are you going to tell us some more details about this little guy...name, theme for his room etc??
And, also, hmmm...
No, I'm just kidding, I'll be done, for now!
There is sure to be something fun at Ikea right? (Whether you come out of there with what you originally went in to find - now that's another story.)