(Quick parenting tip for you...Apparently 5-year-old girls have a problem with not being the princess for the day. I was very firm that it was MY day---so you can see Abbie was a little annoyed at having to share the crown with anyone--althought it is MY crown anyway...)
So I had in my head that I was going to do the whole #32 wearing a crown, a sash, and doing the beauty pageant wave to everyone I saw (kind of like my first sweet 16), but it wasn't quite like that-which is good because I am not the same girl that I was for my first sweet 16.
My dad was the first to wish me a Happy Birthday making me equal parts weepy and happy at the same time. I got some lovely phone messages from as far as Orlando to the OC and San Diego. My momala made cupcakes and brought balloons which made my students equal parts excited and confused as we were talking about Joseph Fielding Smith. Abbie and Amelia kept a secret for 2 weeks about my birthday present (which truth be told I had already seen about 5 times a day since it is on my path to the outside garbage can.)
Brad was very sneaky and hunted down the BEST cheesecake in the world and finally I have a salt pig that I will name Sunshine. The girls decorated the house with balloons to complete the festive mood. By the end of the day Abbie did the best job at conveying the overall feel of the day. Smile pretty for the camera Abbie.
Seriously, if I would have known at 16 that in another 16 years I would be living in Utah, pregnant with my 3rd child and married to Bradfo (who I actually knew at the time...) I never would have believed my luck.
Wonder what my 3rd Sweet 16 has in store for me (that's 48 years old for you non Accounting offspring).
Comments