During one of Abbie's choir performances this winter, Max thought he would go ahead and join the choir. I was not about to go grab him and alert his inner-tantrum forces-so I just let him be, like any other awesome parent.
I am so glad that I had Abbie do choir (she kept calling it Squire). Music is such an important part of the season. If you want your ears to bled, go ahead and listen to this video from her school's Christmas concert. And I thought it was hilarious that Amelia slept through the whole thing. (and they sang it 3 times!-and we were by the 6th graders.)
Speaking of Amelia, I forget how sensitive she is to music. Abbie is definately my artistic one who notices the small details visually that I miss. Amelia is all about audio cues. She was sitting in the back of the car and she was crying and saying "I am a little bit sad." After some probing about how she needs Christmas-the words Where did the Christmas go eeked out and I didn't even realize that she had been affected by Faith Hill's Where are you Christmas. She cried for a good ten minutes. And honestly, I get a little choked up too when I think about her sitting in the back of the car crying over it.
Comments
Merry Christmas.
And happy birthday to your dad, and Merry Christmas to you all. Hope we can get together soon