Skip to main content

Say What?

(Brad and I have 12 days of awesome insurance left I am aiming to fix all medical issues now.)

I was a little reluctant to fix Max's ears because I am afraid that once we fix them he won't be such a chill little dude anymore. Can you blame me?

So I took a sleepy little Max to the hospital this morning to get tubes placed in his ears.

Getting the blood sats checked by a friendly nurse.

They gave Max this little guitar and the wooden car to keep him occupied in a room full of wires, equiptment, blinking lights and beeping noises for 45 minutes. Awesome.

He preferred to press the "red button" because a beep would sound out of a small speaker on the wall and say "How can I help you". He pressed it over and over and over and over again.

When that activity got old he decided to sneak out of the curtain and watch all the happenings. I'm sure that's contrary to HIPA, but whatev.

I let him wind himself up in the hospital curtains because I get a little huffy when he does it to my curtains.

I love the small frown on his face. Such a sweetheart. But he didn't even cry.

When he came out of surgery I was expecting him to be angry and disoriented. He was even more chill then before. Its like he's been robotripping on CCC. He's a little jumpy now (probably due to restoration of 90% of his hearing in his left ear), but he's doing great and so far the surgery hasn't broken him.

Comments

Linsey said…
Way to milk the benefits!
Tristan said…
Glad everything went smoothly! Love the last pic and his "out of it" look on his face!
diane said…
I just had a flashback of when my son was a baby. He had tubes twice. The second time they removed his adnoids.
Sounds like it was a big success.
Emily said…
Hopefully recovery is still going well, Max stays the happy baby he is!
Unknown said…
classic doped up baby pic!
heidiram said…
Love the druggy pics! And I love that he's stylin' with Tino's red robe.
Christy said…
He's such a cutie. Glad it all went well.
Nortorious said…
Yeah, how DO you entertain a toddler in a hospital room?
Glad to HEAR the problem is taken care of!
Melanie said…
So so so so cute. My favorite pics are of him on the hospital bed. Glad it went well, and that he is still your chill little dude. :)
Luv2run said…
I am so glad that everything turned out great for Max.
Leah said…
Glad it all went well, surgery can be scary. We the nurses annoyed he kept paging them? How funny!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!