Remember when you were my favorite weatherman? Can you please do something about the nonsense that is 84 degrees September 29? You are seriously killing my buzz for autumn. Please come out of "weatherman retirement" or whatever and give me a decent fall forecast. Seriously, the inside of my house is 78 degrees but I refuse to put the air on principle. Sheesh.
Anywhoo, I took the kids on a fall adventure hoping to evoke a little fall weather. It did not work. It was very hot. We went here.

First stop, ice cream
Max chose Apple Pie ice cream. It had actual chunks of crust in it. He likey.

Abbie was hot/ornery and wanted to eat her ice cream in the shade. I told her to go stand in the shade of the fence. That irritated her even more.

Amelia chose cookie dough. Yes it was really hot but I made them wear their Holiday shirts.

Next activity: Hay ride to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins.

The ride was very bumpy.

The perfect pumpkin.

The perfect pumpkin-head.

He kept picking these little weed things for me to hold. Thanks doodle.

Final activity: See how they make apple cider and buy apples. Instead I strapped them all in the car, cranked the air conditioning, and waved at them while I was inside paying for their pumpkins and ordering cider slushes TO GO. The quickest way to end an activity is to have all three gang up on me with their bad behaviors.
Abbie: threw a fit because she wanted to buy daddy some donuts. I mean like a hissy fit that she should know better kind of fit. No donuts.

Amelia: Although she doesn't look like she has been crying, she got in trouble because she was not cooperating or listening to the rules. Later she said sorry I be a-diculous.

Max: wanted to drive the apple carts in the street and threw screaming fits when I stopped his shenanigans. Totally forgiven immediately because he is my perfect baby.

Since they were so naughty, I punished them by listening to smooth jazz instead of something we can all sing to and enjoy. Sweet, sweet diet coke and sweet, sweet vengeance.
Anywhoo, I took the kids on a fall adventure hoping to evoke a little fall weather. It did not work. It was very hot. We went here.
First stop, ice cream
Max chose Apple Pie ice cream. It had actual chunks of crust in it. He likey.
Abbie was hot/ornery and wanted to eat her ice cream in the shade. I told her to go stand in the shade of the fence. That irritated her even more.
Amelia chose cookie dough. Yes it was really hot but I made them wear their Holiday shirts.
Next activity: Hay ride to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins.
The ride was very bumpy.
The perfect pumpkin.
The perfect pumpkin-head.
He kept picking these little weed things for me to hold. Thanks doodle.
Final activity: See how they make apple cider and buy apples. Instead I strapped them all in the car, cranked the air conditioning, and waved at them while I was inside paying for their pumpkins and ordering cider slushes TO GO. The quickest way to end an activity is to have all three gang up on me with their bad behaviors.
Abbie: threw a fit because she wanted to buy daddy some donuts. I mean like a hissy fit that she should know better kind of fit. No donuts.
Amelia: Although she doesn't look like she has been crying, she got in trouble because she was not cooperating or listening to the rules. Later she said sorry I be a-diculous.
Max: wanted to drive the apple carts in the street and threw screaming fits when I stopped his shenanigans. Totally forgiven immediately because he is my perfect baby.
Since they were so naughty, I punished them by listening to smooth jazz instead of something we can all sing to and enjoy. Sweet, sweet diet coke and sweet, sweet vengeance.
Comments
I'm salivating over the ice cream!
Bob (I'm also an expoit on "Bob's") was the host for a quiz show (maybe the Newly Wed Game).
In any event, love the blog and the actual play by play of the day. Why would Abbie not be happy with the shade from the fence? I'm also somewhat of an expoit on fences. they do provide all kinds of emotions!
Love you!
If you happen to be checking your blog, will you PLEASE e-mail or do a special blog post with the Halloween chex mix recipe ASAP? I want to make this tomorrow. I think I have all the ingredients. Now all I need is a recipe. Thanks.
Lovin you tons,
Heidi
April