We camped at a place that was close to the beach. Since I had no intention of bathing the children, a quick dip in frigid Tahoe seemed just the ticket. We couldn't stay long because we were in charge of dinner for everyone (salmon, monkey bread, broccoli salad, water melon) but it seemed to sort of get the kids clean before a new layer of dust descended.

Remember how impossible it is to get all three kids looking at me at the same time? Nancy, any ideas? Here's Abbie.

And Amelia.

Max had just thrown some sand at Brad's face when I snapped this. But look at my cute baby in his trashy diaper!! Isn't he divine?
When we arrived at the campsite we received the obligatory "You are in bear country, take precautions, blah blah blah". While Brad was setting up the tents the girls were being especially obnoxious and not listening until I spotted a bear at the next campsite looking for food. Hello! Was the bear warning a little casual?! How about saying "we have 8 bears that are RESIDENTS at the campground!!" Nights were filled with terror for me as the bears rummaged around (the first night they even climbed into Ugly Betty the trailer and tipped it. We were "sleeping" right next to it.) The whole scene was very "I am Legend" with the growling, loud sounds, freakiness etc...
Remember how impossible it is to get all three kids looking at me at the same time? Nancy, any ideas? Here's Abbie.
And Amelia.
Max had just thrown some sand at Brad's face when I snapped this. But look at my cute baby in his trashy diaper!! Isn't he divine?
When we arrived at the campsite we received the obligatory "You are in bear country, take precautions, blah blah blah". While Brad was setting up the tents the girls were being especially obnoxious and not listening until I spotted a bear at the next campsite looking for food. Hello! Was the bear warning a little casual?! How about saying "we have 8 bears that are RESIDENTS at the campground!!" Nights were filled with terror for me as the bears rummaged around (the first night they even climbed into Ugly Betty the trailer and tipped it. We were "sleeping" right next to it.) The whole scene was very "I am Legend" with the growling, loud sounds, freakiness etc...
Comments
It looks like a lot of fun, but I think I'll be skipping that campground in future.
As for how to get your kids to all look at you at the same time... make yourself the most interesting thing there... usually that means making yourself look like a fool, and making tons of noise. They'll look at you though!
Max could go visit my spelling tutor in Montana and feel at home in his trailer trash diaper.