Skip to main content

Hope Floats...(and sweats, and speeds, and curses)

You may recall this post when I coined the phrase channeling my "inner nie chi". I have been a long time admirer of her life and have been surprised at how off my game I feel this week as a result of the suffering of this family that I don't even know. (voyeur much?) I wasn't sure if I would be able to attend any of the actual scheduled launches, so I cheated and staged one with Abbie a few days early.


Since I am not one to miss a party, Anne and I headed down to Provo to honor this event..
We loaded up the car and weren't exactly sure where in Provo it would take place, only that there was a rumored hot air balloon that was going to be there. So we drove lamely until we found a hot air balloon.

Wah-lah.


I don't know what I was expecting but this gig had pony rides, carnival type games, cotton candy, snow cones, a band, hot dogs, popcorn, bounce house stuff, a snake whisperer (?), and you could enter to win a IPOD shuffle.

I was impressed.

Debbie Downer, er, Bradfo believed we were in the wrong place and went to verify with some friendly looking missionaries.

Yep. Wrong place. Not the park with the Nie Balloon Launch. Some random, albeit super awesome Stake Activity.

So Anne and I left Bradfo and the girls and sped away to the real place (thank you to our friend at the Orem dispatch who looked it up.)

Notice the time? The real launch was a good 20 blocks away. Oh and Anne didn't have gas. (hee-hee, make that fuel).

"I'm coming CJane!!!"


We made it just in time.

Celebrity sightings.


Then we headed back to the super cool random Stake activity. I love the GTH look on my sweet baby's face.


So, really Provo? What's with the trick fake hot air balloon? What are the odds of that? I suppose, looking back it seemed strange that everything at the faux-Nie-party (get it? phony party?!) was free and there was nary a collection jar, but who cares. There was cotton candy, and I'm sure Nie can appreciate that.

Comments

Tricia said…
Oh my gosh. I laughed so hard reading this post. Then I called my husband over so he could laugh too.

"I'm coming CJane!"

You are awesome.
AnnEE said…
Tonight I will say a little prayer that CJane sees the balloon hilariosity that occurred today.

I need a new bra. Uh, do my boobs really look like that??? Goo.
Melanie said…
Tricia then called me after she called her husband to her computer. WE LOVE your post.

You are so cool. I know that sounds like jr high. But you are. Seriously.
Paige said…
Awesome. I'm jealous you got to see the balloon launch. Brush with fame. Duh, Kiwanis. I coulda told you that.
Hazen5 said…
Glad you guys go to go to the "Real" balloon launch! I am all for crashing other stakes partys. Remember when we would crash the "Madsen Pioneer Day" party? What other stake offers pony rides and real farm petting zoos?!
Tristan said…
Yay for party crashing!!
dalene said…
I started to type a comment and realized it was almost word for word what tricia said. That is so funny. I loved your "I'm Coming CJane" pic and that you called dispatch and your great pun, too. Awesome!
c jane totally loves you for not only making the adventure, but posting about it for her to read. c jane also likes to write comments in the third person.

and, where were the hot air balloons and donkey rides at our event? that stake done showed us up.
weeze or Alissa said…
Hey, love the balloon extravaganza!!! Now you know where the action is, let me in on it. We used to go to the Boise balloon launches but haven't been to one since. And you all do so much! it sounds like me when I had the young ones. you just take them places normal people say...ahh i'd never take my kids with me!

love ya
Luv2run said…
My favorite is the picture of "I'm comming CJane." That is a classic. You are awesome Heather. :-)
heidiram said…
Do you remember that time when my two sisters teased me for being so voluptuous? Take another gander at the picture of Anne. She totally wins in that department. I love my sisters! Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!