Skip to main content

Why its not good to leave your shoes lying around...

So day 3 of potty training.

I push the drinks of water, orange juice, milk. Whatever. She holds it all morning long. We are on the potty every 15-30 minutes. She pees on the floor in the basement. (pergo so big deal).

Last night while I am getting Max out of the tub she hops on the toilet and makes a download. My head nearly came off I was so excited. So she won't pee on the potty but she will do the other stuff.

Or will she?

Around 11:00 she starts telling me she is reedy reedy sweepy. I tell her to wait and we will put on a pull up and take a nap. About a half and hour later she wants a diaper please. I tell her we don't have any more diapers but when she is ready for a nap we will put the pull up on. She says ok and slumps up the stairs. I'm thinking I have mutiny on my hands. I am expecting to see her in a pull up with no intention of taking a nap.

She comes down and shows the poop on her hands. She says she had a reedy reedy big poop. I ask her where she put it. She says ehm, I don't know. I go upstairs to investigate. I see a poop in the toilet (which can be misleading because Abbie is anti-flush but that's another post for another day.) I ask if she put in in the potty. She says, ehm, Yeah. I take her word for it, flush it, but notice it still sort of smells wrong. I take my carpet cleaner and get ready for the prize. Can't find it. More congratulating Amelia and so on.

Its bedtime and I take her upstairs for a nap. Noticing the smell again, I say how bout you show me where you did the really really big poop. She says, ehm, right there (pointing to Abbie's slippers). I take a peak. Sure enough.

Really really big poop. In Abbie's slipper.




So, please don't leave your shoes lying around.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hilarious and disgusting. I have great respect for you young moms.
Emily said…
Any one who has ever potty trained a child can appreciate how hard it is!!! Thanks for a good laugh!
:)
Lindy said…
let me just swallow the vomit that came up my throat. are you kidding me? how on earth did she get the poop in there? i cannot wrap my brain around it--too funny, too gross.
Oh my can you even imagine abby's reaction, if she would have put on her slipper before you found it!!!
How in the world did she get inside the slipper ? That must have taken some manerving. Maybe if you line the various potty's with pink/feathers it will be a little more appealing. You've got the love that girl...payback to you Mommy
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnEE said…
Jason poops in my slippers nightly, but it's kind of a kinky thing we do.
Celia Fae said…
How in the world did she aim in that little hole? Did she squat or hold it up? Ah well, at least it saves the carpet. That kid is piece of work.
Unknown said…
She is talented!! Maybe you could go on the TV show "America's most Talented Kids".

Producer: What's your kid's talent?
Mother of Geese: She can aim and poop in a small slipper.
Producer: Oh, that's good.
heidiram said…
I know I say this all the time, but let me say it one more time. I LOVE that little girl. She is a classic! Can't wait to hear more potty training adventures!
heidiram said…
I know I say this all the time, but let me say it one more time. I LOVE that little girl. She is a classic! Can't wait to hear more potty training adventures!
Robyn said…
Oh my gosh, I am dying! How in the world did she manage to do that, that takes talent! Send my condolences to Abbie for her slippers!
Hollyween said…
She must have the teeniest tiniest of little bums to sqat on a soft slipper. And she also must have great balance. Seriously! Great story. I can't believe I never knew about your blog before. Consider me a frequent visitor from here on out!

Oh, and the house thing? You're amazing for offering that. Really. You don't even know me. What if I'm a psychopath or something? I promise I'm not though. I cross my heart.
I'm still debating. Me thinks I might take my hubby up on the offer of driving me up just so I don't have to bring the baby with me. It just sounds so much more fun without chasing her around!
Jessica said…
And this is why I am waiting till my morning sickness is over to potty train my COMPLETELY READY 2 and 8 months year old.
Julie said…
WOW! Amazing! Ick! Please tell me Abbie is getting some new slippers. Something like this can be washed from the slippers but not the memory.
Hazen5 said…
Good thing Abbie didn't find it first!!!
Ashley Clark said…
That's a shi**y way to start your day.
Melanie said…
That is so gross and I am laughing SO HARD! Hang in there!
Bridget said…
hey, I'm going to blogapalooza too so I came to check out your blog.

That is so funny! I'm with Celia, how did she aim so well? That takes some serious skills.
Jake said…
Just wanted to stop by and meet my new blogapalooza friends! At least she lets it out...my guys just hold it and hold it and hold it. Not good!
Nortorious said…
That's revolting. I always shake out my shoes before I put them on. Now I know what else to fear.
Lorena said…
I came over so I could get to know you before BP and BOY, do I know you now! That is both revolting and hilarious at the same time. I have triplets and potty-trained 3 at once, but never found poop in a slipper. That one's a keeper!
Jenibelle said…
Her aim is admirable. You're a better Mom than me. "You are sitting on that toilet until you pee...if it's for the rest of your life, I don't care." Obviously they all believed me, four kids trained in one day on that method. The therapy and interventions some day will probably come back to bite me in the butt.
Lisa-Marie said…
Hilarius! Or not. Maybe you aren't ready to laugh about it yet. I understand that fully.

Hang in there.
Heather!!! I just love you and your WHOLE family! I read through Annie's blog and your blog and bits of Rachels and Heidi...I love you all. I can't write much now cause I am putting the crew to bed. But email me sometime...egiuliacci@gmail.com...I wanna catch up!

Love,
Betsy Cutting

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...