Brad's BFF from his youth called from Boise to announce that he would be in town and would Brad like to hike Timp. This was exciting but a bit shocking for me because, bless his heart, Brad has not done anything cardio wise since his bike race (er, in 09/11). He strapped on his shoes, bought some gu, and headed out. It is after all, in our backyard!
Crossing the glacier.
Amazing!
Just for perspective, the summit is 7.5 miles with an elevation gain of 4580. That makes for a grueling welcome to fitness don't you think?
Then! the thunder started! So he made it to the saddle, pointed to the small building at the summit. And. had. to. turn. around.
Pointing to our house. I really was amazed at his accomplishment and it made me appreciate how lucky I am that we live so close to this beauty! Good job Brad and thank goodness for glucosamine!
Crossing the glacier.
Amazing!
Just for perspective, the summit is 7.5 miles with an elevation gain of 4580. That makes for a grueling welcome to fitness don't you think?
Then! the thunder started! So he made it to the saddle, pointed to the small building at the summit. And. had. to. turn. around.
Pointing to our house. I really was amazed at his accomplishment and it made me appreciate how lucky I am that we live so close to this beauty! Good job Brad and thank goodness for glucosamine!
Comments