Amelia,
You have been in kindergarten for almost six weeks and I loathe how much you have grown and matured lately. You still have your fair share of silly, like when you told me last night you couldn't change your underwear because "there was all kinds of Abbie's crap in your drawers" and you will inevitably fart when you laugh too hard causing you to laugh/toot even harder and more. Like your sister, you are a great one for gossip and telling me what's going on in the hood and you report to me who did what on the bus, and who did what in class and the playground. Your heart has barely healed from Kyle's move this summer and although others have come... (Jacob said when we are six, we have to kiss; Logan waits patiently for you on the front porch while you finish your hundred important projects, Steven? Jefferson? Liam-who you call Lame) but you still get giggly and giddy when I mention Kyle Kyle Crocodile.

Your mother's wise decision to change you to afternoon kindergarten was oh, so wise, as you are not a "morning person". When we walk to the bus you insist you are too sleepy for school and want me to carry you, which I oblige, because you are still such a teeny peanut. When the bus comes, you reluctantly leave my side and are the last to hop on, then you ask that I wait until you are down the street and wave until you are out of sight. Again, I oblige because I know that soon those days where you need me so much may be over. This morning you asked if Justin Beiber got hit by a bottle and died, which surprised me because I didn't even know that you knew who he was, and it seemed so violent that I couldn't imagine where you might have heard that.
You are still a bottomless pit but love pears like no child I have ever had.

You have a special relationship with Mariko and can keep track of A days and B days so you know when she arrives home. You prevail upon her to jump on the tramp with you and when she plays the piano you are right there next to her on the bench or dancing around. The thumb sucking has gotten worse and I am bracing myself for your future dentist bills. We try to lovingly remind you and pull out the thumb but this habit of yours is a tough one to break. You are the only child who I allow to sleep with me because you have such a cuddly and warm quality that you can certainly lull me to sleep.
You have been in kindergarten for almost six weeks and I loathe how much you have grown and matured lately. You still have your fair share of silly, like when you told me last night you couldn't change your underwear because "there was all kinds of Abbie's crap in your drawers" and you will inevitably fart when you laugh too hard causing you to laugh/toot even harder and more. Like your sister, you are a great one for gossip and telling me what's going on in the hood and you report to me who did what on the bus, and who did what in class and the playground. Your heart has barely healed from Kyle's move this summer and although others have come... (Jacob said when we are six, we have to kiss; Logan waits patiently for you on the front porch while you finish your hundred important projects, Steven? Jefferson? Liam-who you call Lame) but you still get giggly and giddy when I mention Kyle Kyle Crocodile.
Your mother's wise decision to change you to afternoon kindergarten was oh, so wise, as you are not a "morning person". When we walk to the bus you insist you are too sleepy for school and want me to carry you, which I oblige, because you are still such a teeny peanut. When the bus comes, you reluctantly leave my side and are the last to hop on, then you ask that I wait until you are down the street and wave until you are out of sight. Again, I oblige because I know that soon those days where you need me so much may be over. This morning you asked if Justin Beiber got hit by a bottle and died, which surprised me because I didn't even know that you knew who he was, and it seemed so violent that I couldn't imagine where you might have heard that.
You are still a bottomless pit but love pears like no child I have ever had.
You have a special relationship with Mariko and can keep track of A days and B days so you know when she arrives home. You prevail upon her to jump on the tramp with you and when she plays the piano you are right there next to her on the bench or dancing around. The thumb sucking has gotten worse and I am bracing myself for your future dentist bills. We try to lovingly remind you and pull out the thumb but this habit of yours is a tough one to break. You are the only child who I allow to sleep with me because you have such a cuddly and warm quality that you can certainly lull me to sleep.
Comments