I haven't been able to write about this traumatic event because I am still in shock over being taken literally and having the situation fixed so quickly. It was a typical Friday afternoon. I was in the kitchen (not showered or even really dressed properly to go out-read cleaning my house is a workout, I was in my sweaty nasty workout clothes). Abbie had just returned from a birthday party, and Amelia was laying on the couch watching iCarly. Max was asleep, Brad was in the basement working. Abbie shares her birthday wares including gum. (side note, I am not a gummer. I prefer mints, and the snapping and chewing make me want to vomit. Brad feels the same.) Gum is shared, but not kept in the mouth. Amelia comes downstairs crying because she has gum all up and around her hair. I say to Brad exasperated and overly dramatically, ugh, we are going to have to cut that out, AS I AM WALKING UPSTAIRS TO FETCH THE PEANUT BUTTER AND ICE. Without my prevailing upon him, he grabs my shears I USE FOR CLIPPING ROSES, and takes a mighty hack and fixes the gum situation.
Before shots: (so I can remember how unruly and mutt like she looked sometimes which somehow takes the sting away from recalling her thick combed hair)

Low pony tales. Max doing whoknowswhat.

Side view of the locks (double bonus for showcasing the 1,402 face painting pictures I have of her this summer)
During:
(bless his heart, Brad thought we could leave the hack as is and no one would notice. Ah. Hem.


After:

In a picture she insisted I take of her Zhu Zhu village. She posed and ignored my warnings about sort of a wierd place to take a picture, and not great lighting.
Before shots: (so I can remember how unruly and mutt like she looked sometimes which somehow takes the sting away from recalling her thick combed hair)
Low pony tales. Max doing whoknowswhat.
Side view of the locks (double bonus for showcasing the 1,402 face painting pictures I have of her this summer)
During:
(bless his heart, Brad thought we could leave the hack as is and no one would notice. Ah. Hem.
After:
In a picture she insisted I take of her Zhu Zhu village. She posed and ignored my warnings about sort of a wierd place to take a picture, and not great lighting.
Comments