Skip to main content

A Letter of Closure to the Loser who Made off with my stroller

Hi, I'm Rebecca. I steal strollers. I have a miserable life.

Dear Funbecca81:

Christmas is a time of year to make ammends, forgive others, and to let go of grudges. It is in that spirit I am writing this to you although I will probably never send it to you. I wanted you to know the means I have taken to get what was rightfully mine returned and how it has taken over my life so I can purdge these feelings and really move on. Are you surprised I knew it was you? Truth be told, when it happened I was sure it was a mom and your face popped into my head. So the next morning when my friend mentioned she saw you and the time line fit I was sure. Why would you be trick or treating in my neighborhood when you moved to a different town last February? You might not remember me but I knew your nursery, sunbeam, CTR 5, CTR 7, and CTR 8 when you started to bring them in mid-November and I missed them when you stopped bringing them in January. Did you have a nice Christmas? As a side note, you should really think about updating your DMV, mailing, and school records. Also, sorry about that nasty little blip in your record. I never made it down to courthouse to find out what happened, but it must be something sort of big to have you go to such efforts to not be found. Surely it wasn't stealing, was it? I have had you followed home several times a week and I would like to suggest that if you are going to have your 3rd grader attend a school 2 cities north that you at least make an effort to pick her up on time. It was sad to see her sitting by the tree by herself all alone. Also, you should lay off the fast food and going out. We followed you to pizza hut twice and to a Mexican restaurant. And that time we followed you up the canyon for your little ATV trip? Where were your other kids? When you posted an ad for MY STROLLER on KSL were you surprised I called and set up a time to come get it? Did you know I had the money in hand and was willing to buy it back from you? In retrospect, I suppose our having the cops all undercover there as well might have been a bummer to you but when you pulled the ad and denied knowing who Rebecca was the cops thought you were fishy. Good thing I pulled the information of the other things your were selling before they got taken down as well. Formula for $10.00 a can? Come on, you know WIC formula should go for more than that. Good thing we had a friend pose as a buyer for that phone so we could get INTO your house.
$110.00
TXTM8 Cricket black Titanium Slider Phone in BOX!
provo, UT 84606 - Nov 25, 2009
New phone slightly used! comes with box and charger! 3 G megapixel has keyboard, speaker phone Blue tooth enabled has greenday 21 guns and Linkin park ring tones already downloaded ring tone loaded already
.
He mentioned you acted suspiciously and had lots of strollers in your living room. Curious. He didn't see my stroller but he did see others. That information was passed onto the cops.

I am intrigued about one of your ads. Although I realize its for Pat your "husband" the chainsmoker it reads
Any reasonable offers
Car and dirt bike and quad mechanic!
provo, UT 84606 - Nov 23, 2009
I worked for a car lot for 5 years and help people fix they're for a cheap price! got laid off and looking for side work. I am honest and reliable I have very good references! I fix all kinds of things give me a call to inquire about anything! I can fix CV axles, brakes, alternators, timing belts, fuel pumps, water pumps, speed sensors, any belts, transmissions, motors, catalac converters, radiators and anything else just call and i WILL give you a GREAT price! Ive also fixed quads and motor bikes
!

Honest and reliable? That's a bit of a stretch now isn't it. You both work for the state of Utah making under $12.00/hour so I can imagine you might need to look at other means of income. Maybe if you sold this?
$100.00
GT Chrome BMX
provo, UT 84606 - Nov 23, 2009
Has three piece cranks very nice bike great for skatepark ramps and everyday riding freestyle!

Or was that stolen as well? Shoot. Well, you should know all the Kid2Kids in the area have a picture of the stroller, my phone number, your name and phone number and instructions to call the police if you try to sell it there. Also, the pawn shops and the play it again sports? They have a mandatory 15 day hold so they can check police reports making it hard to ditch there. Garage sales? Yeah. My stroller isn't really the "market" for those events so maybe you are stuck. I admit my lowpoint of the whole ordeal was when I called you 3 times screaming GIVE ME BACK MY STROLLER! You hung up on me then didn't pick up the phone. I got Pats voicemail. I want you to know whenever I thought about Stollergate I got a dark and yucky feeling inside. I saw an ad on KSL for a new stroller and I got a sunshiney happy feeling inside. Did I want to continue feeling dark and yucky or happy and sunshiney? I went to the bank, got the cash, and chose sunshine. During the drive to get my new happy stroller I didn't think about you once. It felt good. I am sorry you have a life that means you need to steal. Its wrong and you should know better. Your life must be really bad. I do want justice for this, but I might have to wait for it. I found out that what I really really want is a stroller, and now I have on again.

On a closing note, I would like to dedicate this song to you with a warning:
Don't steal my sunshine.


Sincerely,
ME

Comments

Aubrey said…
hahahaha, I love you. I hope she reads your blog.
Zach said…
Note to self: Never steal from Heather.
AnnEE said…
Yowza!

You failed to mention that she's WAY fatter now in real life than that picture, or is that below the belt? Too late, I said it.

Watch out for the red durango, Rebecca.....
I should pass on to Rebecca that it may better to spend a little time behind bars (if she hasn't already). There she could ponder what life is really all about. It works!

It's not too late to put her life into a better perspective and stop the destruction of the lives of those her present side occupation causes.

If she were to get this and stop her life of crime maybe her children would have fighting chance. That would be a great Christmas gift that we could all enjoy.

Merry Christmas Rebecca

Padre (aka the Silver Fox)
Kimberly said…
I feel sad for her kids, and, truth be known, a little scared of you. I'm glad you are sunshiny at last!
I'll got one better on Zach's comment: Never steal from Heather unless it is literally over her dead body...but then you'd probably haunt me. Ok, it's decided. I will never steal from Heather (Brad on the other hand....)
MissLed said…
Hahaha! I love you Heather. You better watch your back stroller steelers!
heidiram said…
I wrote her a letter and have been trying for hours to open a myspace account. Does that mean I'm not supposed to send my version of the letter? Is the undercover cop steal . . . I mean still working on the case?
wow.

holy smokes, girl. this is some crazy stuff.
Hazen5 said…
I think she's on the naughty list.
diane said…
That girl is on the naughty list for sure.

I love you even more.
Jessica said…
If I didn't think you were awesome before...

(And seriously, why aren't you a P.I. or in the CIA or something? It would never have occured to me to do some of this stuff.)
♥Shally said…
You are awesome.

I hope Rebecca has learned her lesson!!
heather hazen... you are one tough cookie! {must be from all those years in a gang.} :) love it!!!
Don't forget about the coat she also STOLE. If your thinking about entering into the thief protection program don't even try. We will crack that code also. Have a lovely Christmas Rebecca....
Jessica G. said…
And now I have that song stuck in my head...
(But I'm glad you have a new stroller!)
Annemarie said…
Oh...so good. You rock!
ashli said…
great detective skillzzz. i hope that she is in fear of of greater power out there!

so sorry about the loss, but so glad you get to enjoy christmas with a new stroller to push cute Max in!

Heard about your lovely visit with Auntie Vi over Thanksgiving. She thought your children were so well behaved and loved seeing you and Brad again!

Hoping your holidays's are spectacular!
Nancy said…
Wow! She's getting a lump of coal for Christmas this year.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!